This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7085-Dual Laye DVD does not play in car

When I burn the backup into a Dual Layer (DL) disk, the disk does not play in my Honda Odyssey's entertainment system. I have used Clone as well as DVD-to-DVD options. The disk plays fine in my DVD player at home.

If I burn a DVD+R disk with main movie option, the disk plays fine in the home DVD player as well as in my car.

Ability to play the DL backup disks in the car is very important for me as while travelling I do not like to carry the original disks. Is this a bug in the software? Can somebody help?

Maybe the player you are trying to use doesn't support dual layer discs. Try burning your discs with a program called Imgburn and(if you're using +R or +R DL discs) set the booktype to DVD-ROM, which might help out with the compatibility. If that doesn't work, I would say you might have to shrink your movies down and just burn to a single layer disc.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by ss2010 View Post
      When I burn the backup into a Dual Layer (DL) disk, the disk does not play in my Honda Odyssey's entertainment system. I have used Clone as well as DVD-to-DVD options. The disk plays fine in my DVD player at home.

If I burn a DVD+R disk with main movie option, the disk plays fine in the home DVD player as well as in my car.

Ability to play the DL backup disks in the car is very important for me as while travelling I do not like to carry the original disks. Is this a bug in the software? Can somebody help?
      If you can play an original pressed DVD in the car then you should be able to play a D/L, since you say you can play a single layer DVD+R don't think setting booktypeto DVD-Rom is your problem.

Your issue could be a layer break problem or the quality of the D/L disc and/or the burn speed used on the D/L backup.

Just my .02 cents

Comment

Thanks for trying to help.
        The DL diskthat I created is playing in my home DVD player. Playing even on my computer. But does not play in my car's entertainment system. The original disk does play in the car.

Comment

You really need to get the specs on the car player and see what disks it supports playing.

I know a lot of them are very picky on burnt disks.

Also, if it does support playing DivX, which a lot of them do, there are other ways around it.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X