X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v7087

Hi,

Your FAQ says you support Win2K. However after downloading the v7.0.8.7 beta from your website, I get an error, "The entry point getaddrinfo could not be located in WS2_32.DLL". From Microsoft regarding this error:

"To execute an application using this function on earlier versions of Windows (Windows 2000, Windows NT, and Windows Me/98/95), then it is mandatary to #include Ws2tcpip.h and also Wspiapi.h. When the Wspiapi.h header file is included, the 'getaddrinfo' function is #defined to the 'WspiapiGetAddrInfo' inline function in Wspiapi.h. At runtime, the 'WspiapiGetAddrInfo' function is implemented in such a way that if the Ws2_32.dll or the Wship6.dll (the file containing getaddrinfo in the IPv6 Technology Preview for Windows 2000) does not include 'getaddrinfo', then a version of 'getaddrinfo' is implemented inline based on code in the Wspiapi.h header file. This inline code will be used on older Windows platforms that do not natively support the 'getaddrinfo' function."

Are you going to continue to support Win2K? Also, please consider including a system requirements section in your manual and tutorial. I have trouble finding info about what OS's DVDFAB supports.

Thanks,

Tom

Fab works fine with W2K but you have to make sure that your W2K installation is up to date with all service packs/updates.

Also, let's be honest here. How long do you expect a software developer to support operating systems that are over 10 years old? Dream on !!!
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 08-15-2010, 12:37 AM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

re: v7087

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Fab works fine with W2K but you have to make sure that your W2K installation is up to date with all service packs/updates.

Also, let's be honest here. How long do you expect a software developer to support operating systems that are over 10 years old? Dream on !!!
      I'll double check, but I am sure that my Win2k is up to date. As a software developer myself, I can appreciate the difficulty in supporting multiple versions of OS's. However, please consider updating your manual/tutorial to be specific about system requirements. W.r.t. Win2k, mention what service packs/updates are required.

Of course, since MS has dropped support for Win2K, DVDFab would be justified in not supporting it anymore as well.

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X