This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD FAB is not seeing the disk's content

When I set up for a dvd to dvd burn using either DVD5 of DVD9 for compression the window shows 0 MB to 0 MB and nothing gets burnt on to the target disk. DVD Fab is seeing the VIDEO_TS folder on the disk I'm copying, but apparently it's not seeing the contents of that folder.

The copy process says finished in one second, and then the target disk gets burnt with an empty VIDEO_TS folder.
    Attached Files

Disable Pathplayer for this DVD

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Disable Pathplayer for this DVD
      No joy. Disabled Pathplayer and restarted DVDFab. Same result 0 MB to 0 MB

Comment

At the risk of sounding dumb and asking the obvious,
        are you certain PathPlayer is disabled?

I ask because every entry, including the most recent, shows that PP is enabled:

DVDFab 7.0.9.3 (2010/08/19 22:00:01)

0m 01.57s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 09.06s: detected dvd
        0m 09.06s: drive D
        0m 09.06s: dvd type 0
        0m 09.06s: volume label
        0m 09.15s: detected dvd
        0m 09.18s: drive E
        0m 09.18s: dvd type 1
        0m 09.18s: volume label DRUMS
        0m 14.07s: got copyright 0 0
        0m 14.27s: got udf/iso
        0m 14.94s: got discinfo
        0m 14.94s: pathplayer enabled
        0m 14.96s: got dvdinfo

Is this an instructional "drum" video?
        It probably is not authored so that it is compliant with dvd video structure.
        Are you certain this dvd is encrypted?
        Open Common Settings and click on Info.

If yes, you might try third party software such as nero or the old, reliable dvddecrypter
        You could also try running Fab Passkey with various 3rd party software such as Img.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

DVD Passkey had pathplayer on too. Once I turned both DVDFab and DVD Passkey's Pathplayer off then the disk content was seen and it's copying now.

Thanks!

Comment

Well, it tried to coyp it, but now the target disk comes out with 0 size VOB files

Sigh...

Quickly losing faith in this product. It should tear this stupid instructional DVD to shreds with no operator intervention, but so far DVD Fab just can't handle it.

I had no errors that I saw, and it did take an appreciable amount of time to do the copy process, but the burnt DVD has 0 size VOB files and doesn't play.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok new we have some key information..........

"It should tear this stupid instructional DVD."

Over the years I have never been able to copy a instructional dvd with DVDFAB software.

Most of them are not dvd compliant and fab simply will not copy most of them.

Comment

I agree with Grunon.

All instructional DVD's seem to be crappily authored and you do not need Fab to decrypt & copy.

Just use any DVD burning software and make a copy.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by shooterguy View Post
                  DVD Passkey had pathplayer on too. Once I turned both DVDFab and DVD Passkey's Pathplayer off then the disk content was seen and it's copying now.

Thanks!
                  This makes it appear that you are running DVDFab and Passkey at the same time? If so that is not necessary and probably not even a good idea.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                    Is this an instructional "drum" video?
                    It probably is not authored so that it is compliant with dvd video structure.
                    Are you certain this dvd is encrypted?
                    Open Common Settings and click on Info.

If yes, you might try third party software such as nero or the old, reliable dvddecrypter
                    You could also try running Fab Passkey with various 3rd party software such as Img.

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                    Ok new we have some key information..........

"It should tear this stupid instructional DVD."

Over the years I have never been able to copy a instructional dvd with DVDFAB software.

Most of them are not dvd compliant and fab simply will not copy most of them.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    I agree with Grunon.

All instructional DVD's seem to be crappily authored and you do not need Fab to decrypt & copy.

Just use any DVD burning software and make a copy.
                    Maybe the OP will see this now.
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      This makes it appear that you are running DVDFab and Passkey at the same time? If so that is not necessary and probably not even a good idea.
                      Hopefully he will see this also... It is never a good idea to run fab and passkey at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                      X