This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with DVD's playing in player

Using DVDfab, I've ripped a fair share of my movies to my harddrive as a backup. After reading more and more about harddrive failures, I got freaked out about that, so I made a DVD backup of my harddrive backup (crazy, I know, but it helps me feel comfortable). Anyways, after testing a DVD in my bluray player, it says the playback option was not enabled so it can't be played. I tested it again after re-ripping the DVD, selecting the option "skip to first title" and it worked perfectly. Is there a way to fix all this without re-ripping every single one of my DVDs?

Originally posted by whoisme555 View Post
    Using DVDfab, I've ripped a fair share of my movies to my harddrive as a backup. After reading more and more about harddrive failures, I got freaked out about that, so I made a DVD backup of my harddrive backup (crazy, I know, but it helps me feel comfortable). Anyways, after testing a DVD in my bluray player, it says the playback option was not enabled so it can't be played. I tested it again after re-ripping the DVD, selecting the option "skip to first title" and it worked perfectly. Is there a way to fix all this without re-ripping every single one of my DVDs?
    Well with out more precise info on what files are on hard drive ie, FullDVD, Main Movie or mobile format can not give any suggestions. Also name of the DVD that was issue would help

Comment

Sorry, full DVD's are on my harddrive, and the name isn't important because it happened for 3 different DVD's so far: Kill Bill Vol 1, Vantage Point, Ultimate Avengers: The Movie. Since it happened for 3 different ones without a single success, I'm inclined to believe that it will happen for all of them

Comment

Well I never had any issues with those DVDs and would retry but then I would have to find the HDD that has them on and that would be time consuming. What are you using for the burn engine, VSO or ImgBurn? What the burn speed as well?

Comment

Well I retried Vantage Point 4 times and it still wouldn't work without reripping it. I was using basic windows burner, not sure what that is. The burn speed is 16x, I believe. I was just hoping there would be an easy way to do it without ripping dvds all over again.

Comment

The burn speed is 16x, I believe.
            That could be why it not play but need the logs to know for sure. they located in start-documents-dvdfab-logs. You should really be burning at 8x speed or half the rated speed of the blank disc

Comment

Here are the logs. I successfully burned Kill Bill after putting the original disc back in and ripping it all over again, the others all failed when burned directly from the hard drive. The player says that it is unable to play it because "Playback must be enabled"
              Attached Files

Comment

the version of dvdfab you have installed is v7.0.3.0 and way out of date, no wonder you have issues. install latest release and link below

Comment

AGJ, the logs are weird. One shows 7.0.7.0 while the other shows, as you rightly pointed out, 7.0.3.0.

Also, if he is burning at 16x using the Ritek crap, he is only asking for problems.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Well I have DVD fab installed on both of my computers, but I never really took the time to update it. I have all of the DVD's ripped already, so if I update my DVD fab, how would that change the playback being enabled? It works when I select "jump to first title" before I rip it and then burn it to a disc, even with 7.0.3.0, but in order to get that to work for all of my DVD's, I would have to completely rerip everything. I want to know if I can get it to work now that it has already been ripped, or if I do have to rerip everything, sorry if that was confusing, does that make sense?

Comment

Not really. When you originally ripped these DVD's, what version did you use and also what setting?
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Also, I suggest playing the hard disk rips from the folder with either VLC or Media Player Classic Homecinema to see whether the source is OK.

Comment

Not really it doesn't make sense or not really I can't do anything about it now?

When I ripped it originally I ripped using the full dvd setting on 7.0.3.0 with all the default settings (except for the folder location). During the original rip process, the section where it says "Jump to first title" was unchecked. I can play these files just fine, but only when I can select the correct starting file, so it works well for computer usage. However, when I burn these files to a DVD, autoplay doesn't work (I have to select the file by exploring the dvd, which is fine for computers), but since autoplay doesn't work, it won't work in a dvd player either. However, if "Jump to first title" is checked when I rip the dvd to my harddrive, then I can burn those files to a dvd and it will work perfectly on a computer and on a player. My problem is that for the vast majority of my movies, I did not rip them with "Jump to first title" checked, meaning autoplay, as of now, will not work when I burn any of these files from my harddrive to a dvd. Is there any way to fix that problem without ripping all of my dvds all over again?

Hopefully that cleared things up, let me know if there is still confusion

Comment

Hi whoisme555
                            Along with the excellent advice given already
                            Your drive is in PIO mode, Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right and restart Fab.
                            Post back with results
                            CBR929
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Is there any way to fix that problem without ripping all of my dvds all over again?

Hopefully that cleared things up, let me know if there is still confusion
                              Use Passkey and ImgBurn together to burn to DVD as Passkey can change the playback order on the fly. No need to re rip all the dvds again

Comment

Working...
                              X