This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subtitles

If I want to do a direct copy of a DVD to my hard drive are the subtitles that are in the original to translate foreign parts automatically copied over as well or do I have to do something in settings etc. Thanks

Originally posted by woodman-46 View Post
    If I want to do a direct copy of a DVD to my hard drive are the subtitles that are in the original to translate foreign parts automatically copied over as well or do I have to do something in settings etc. Thanks
    Everything is on the back up that you make including Subtitles if doing Full Disc. If you do Main Movie then you can choose what Subtitles you want to keep

Comment

Thanks for your answer. Looking at the subpicture section on the bottom right I notice that English at the top of the list is ticked already but also further down the list it is also ticked twice more . What does this mean, do I leave them all ticked or is only one of these relevant to the subtitles when translation is needed? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by woodman-46 View Post
        Thanks for your answer. Looking at the subpicture section on the bottom right I notice that English at the top of the list is ticked already but also further down the list it is also ticked twice more . What does this mean, do I leave them all ticked or is only one of these relevant to the subtitles when translation is needed? Thanks
        The extra ones are probably the commentaries but not really sure as I always do Full Disc. Could always use the preview window in DVDFab to the bottom left to see what they are

Comment

This is a really difficult subject to give any procedures to follow as it all depends on the authoring of the DVD's by the studio and there does not seem to be a pervading standard.

Some authoring is fine whilst some is less than ordinary.

The only analytical way to do it is download DVDSubEdit and analyse the hard disk rip.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X