Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No media detected - but it is a hard disc!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No media detected - but it is a hard disc!

DVD Copy trial just installed.

First rip to hard disc (D: ) worked perfectly.

Second one gets to 99% or so complete and then comes up "No media detected in drive D:, please insert disc"

Drive D: is the hard disc I was trying to rip to, which is fully functioning, has 300gb free and which DVD Copy itself is able to navigate after I click cancel!

On top of that, almost all of the actual disc is copied: the size of the folder on the hard disc (from properties in Windows) is only a few hundred kb different to the DVD.

All help appreciated.

DVDFab 8.0.0.5
    Windows 7
    DVD player is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-85JS ATA

Are you sure for targer you have hard drive set? If not have hard drive set for target then it will want to use the DVD drive as target which is default setting

Comment

I am experiencing the same problem. It went through the copy process and afterward prompted for erasable media on my C: drive using Main Movie. I am using my licensed copy. Was hoping to take a couple of my movies on my trip this weekend without luging DVDs.

Laptop running Windows XP
      Fab v8.0.0.5
      Last edited by RJordan; 08-26-2010, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Interestingly enough, after restarting the program a couple of times, it worked properly. Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Are you sure for targer you have hard drive set? If not have hard drive set for target then it will want to use the DVD drive as target which is default setting
          Absolutely certain. It even asks to insert a disc in drive D: (the second partition of the hard disc, where I keep data). Tried twice with same result.

Comment

Originally posted by jmackin2 View Post
            Absolutely certain. It even asks to insert a disc in drive D: (the second partition of the hard disc, where I keep data). Tried twice with same result.
            OK let's try something, go to device and select the DVD drive you have installed and uninstall it. Reboot computer and let windows reinstall the DVD drive. Once that done start DVDFab and see if it will see the DVD drive

Comment

Enquiry

hi

Just a idea I have, are you using a laptop to burn with, if so are you using the internal dvd Drive or are you using a external dvd Drive.
              :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

Comment

Working...
              X