X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFabv8005 Will not burn

Hello
    I have a clean install of DVDFabv8005 I still getting Burn Failure message
    this after doing a uninstall of DVDFab v6,DVDFab v7,DVDFab v8.
    I cleared out computer of all trace of old versions. My failure is using (vso)?
    Any an all help will be greatly appreciate
    nedt
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NedtMadingjer; 08-28-2010, 03:02 PM. Reason: attchment needed

Error 122 is............

122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

What media mid are you using?
    What speed are you burning?
    Have you tried Imgburn as the burn engine?

Comment

Hi NedtMadingjer
      You may try to use ImgBurn instead of the VSO burn engine , you will find it here along with a tutorial on how to set it up
      Also your pic shows both your source and target as your Drive E: this must be because you only have one drive, as I have two, and have never seen this before
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Hi NedtMadingjer
        You may try to use ImgBurn instead of the VSO burn engine , you will find it here along with a tutorial on how to set it up
        Also your pic shows both your source and target as your Drive E: this must be because you only have one drive, as I have two, and have never seen this before
        CBR929
        To Moderator:Grunon
        I thank you for help I Have used w/much successfully Memorex,light scribe DVD+r,16x4.7GB,120min. I never been brave to DL+install Imgburn engine. My burn speed I have left alone on recommended,I would change if I knew setting when to change

Comment

Originally posted by NedtMadingjer View Post
          To Moderator:Grunon
          I thank you for help I Have used w/much successfully Memorex,light scribe DVD+r,16x4.7GB,120min. I never been brave to DL+install Imgburn engine. My burn speed I have left alone on recommended,I would change if I knew setting when to change
          If you were to do a search of this forum or any other you will find many people having problems with Memorex disc. They are poor quality.

Your own error message says your drive does not like them.

It would seem your choice of blank media and using the recommended burn speed is your problem . Until you make some changes you are going to continue to have problems.

You can use imgburn at 8X to burn the memorex disc and that is your best chance of success with them.

You can also go into fab setting and change the default speed to 8X for the vso burn engine.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

To CBR929
            I just want to say thank you for your help and the links you provided
            I see I have work to do w/ImgBurn setup
            Thanks nedt

Comment

To CBR929
              I just want to say thank you for your help and the links you provided
              I see I have work to do w/ImgBurn setup
              Thanks nedt
              It looks complicated but is very easy, just take your time and you will be much better off with ImgBurn
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

I had a burn failures and it's not the disks it's VSO.

Setup ImgBurn and use that, you'll stop having burn failures.
                Win7 Ult. 64bit

Comment

Soundping
                  Hey thanks for sharing your information with me I will use it to my advantage.
                  nedt

Comment

With ImgBurn It Does Burn

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                    If you were to do a search of this forum or any other you will find many people having problems with Memorex disc. They are poor quality.

Your own error message says your drive does not like them.

It would seem your choice of blank media and using the recommended burn speed is your problem . Until you make some changes you are going to continue to have problems.

You can use imgburn at 8X to burn the memorex disc and that is your best chance of success with them.

You can also go into fab setting and change the default speed to 8X for the vso burn engine.
                    To Grunon, CBR929
                    I have great news I did it D.L.& installed ImgBurn so now DVDFab v8.0.0.5
                    works so well started/finished within grand total time of 23.plus min's
                    Thank You Grunon,CBR929 For All your Help/time you gave me.
                    But::::Q1- ImgBurn write sectors and ImgBrun Log screens remained on monitor
                    is this OK or do i leave/minimize itor something ?
                    Q2 In ImgBurn do I have to enter blank disk drive and to setup each Brand/Type
                    Verbatim vs Memorex S.L.orD.L. ?
                    nedt

Comment

To Grunon, CBR929
                      I have great news I did it D.L.& installed ImgBurn so now DVDFab v8.0.0.5
                      works so well started/finished within grand total time of 23.plus min's
                      Thank You Grunon,CBR929 For All your Help/time you gave me.
                      But::::Q1- ImgBurn write sectors and ImgBrun Log screens remained on monitor is this OK or do i leave/minimize itor something ?
                      Q2 In ImgBurn do I have to enter blank disk drive and to setup each Brand/TypeVerbatim vs Memorex S.L.orD.L. ?
                      nedt
                      Hi NedtMadingjer
                      Your welcome, and glad you are burning now

Q-1) Answer: You can leave it on the monitor or minimize it , this is totally up to you.
                      Q-2) Answer: Yes, for your blank media you would set up your burn speed for each one, which should be 1/2 the rated speed of your media.

Again, glad your up and running
                      CBR929

Comment

Working...
                      X