Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read & Write with 2 Drives

Hi,
    I just installed a second DVD writer and tested DVDFab DVD to DVD, using one drive as Source, the other as Destination. The read and write operations happened consecutively (writing to the HDD first). Can DVDFab Read and write concurrently, skipping the HDD? This should be a major increase in performance, I assume? That is the general idea.

Well, at least I can leave it unattended for twice as long now without swapping the source and blank.
    Thanks in advance!

No DVDFab can not read and write at same time as that would cause problems with the burned DVD not playing correctly which is why it saves the DVD files to computer first before they are burned to blank DVD

Comment

Aww Snap!

Darn.
      That's a shame.
      Well, I know Nero can do it with CDs...
      I guess that's another advantage of the second drive.
      Thanks anyway.

Comment

just read from disk and tell it to burn to empty disk in other drive when u close dvdfab the temp file it made to burn from deletes automatically and BTW nero does the same thing.
        Corsair 1200 watt / Intel 4790k / 4x2gb g skill 2400 mghtz / 2 x corsair 240 gig SSD/ windows 7 ultimate 64 bit limited edition / sapphire Nitro 480x 8gig /6 t hard drive external / 5.1 creative 550watt speakers / 1 x lite on super multi drive / 1 x sony dvd-rw lightscribe / 1 x asus sata dvd writer /500 gig hard drive internal/ 52 in one memory card reader / 230mm side,230 top,230 front,140 rear fans / Zalman 9700 cpu cooler / CM haf 932 case usb 3

Comment

Originally posted by autotech212000 View Post
          just read from disk and tell it to burn to empty disk in other drive when u close dvdfab the temp file it made to burn from deletes automatically and BTW nero does the same thing.
          Yup, that's exactly the way Fab is intended to work.
          With the DVD Copy module, you don't need to close the application at all.
          Fab auto deletes the temp files unless this function is disabled (unticked) in Common Settings.

Fab always writes to a temporary directory, ie., it is not an on-the-fly decrypter.
          The only exception to this is Write Data Mode which requires the Source content to be previously ripped files.

Fab Passkey will "decrypt on-the-fly", but will require additional software to burn
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X