This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with dual-layer/layer break

I don't know what's going on, but I backed up a few movies that were dual-layer and can't seem to burn them no matter what I do.

ImgBurn gives the following warning.

I tried different burning software, different discs, unchecking "Remove layer break", Clone option - nothing works.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Originally posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I don't know what's going on, but I backed up a few movies that were dual-layer and can't seem to burn them no matter what I do.

ImgBurn gives the following warning.

I tried different burning software, different discs, unchecking "Remove layer break", Clone option - nothing works.

Anybody have any suggestions?
    Are you sure they dul layer. What size are they reported as being

Comment

Yes, there's 8 discs with the following sizes: 6.66, 6.92, 7.10, 5.99, 5.95, 5.68, 5.50, 5.24 (GB).

Comment

What are the titles?
        Are these PTP (Parallel Track Path) discs? The Img error would suggest this.
        You cannot burn PTP discs.

I don't believe there is PTP blank media available in the retail market, nor is there hardware...at least I've never seen it/heard of anyone being able to purchase it.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Three of the titles are Family Guy and the other five are spiritual related. The Family Guy comes as a 3-disc set and I was able to backup disc 1, not disc 2 and 3, which seems strange. How can I tell if they're PTP discs?

Comment

I use nero CD/DVD Speed which is a comprehensive utility...useful for general/specific info and for benchmarking/testing media and burners.
            Nero changed the name to opti-drive and now charges ~$25, but it's still available in the old, freeware version.

Nero CD/DVD Speed is a freeware software for benchmarking your CD-R and DVDR drives

Click image for larger version

Name:	nero.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	303425

I can't imagine that the Family Guy discs are PTP, but no clue as to the "spiritual" ones.
            It's easy enough for you to check all 8 discs though.

I don't recall ever seeing this Img error, darn peculiar, especially given the fact that these are retail, studio produced dvds.

These all play ok in your standalone player, right?

First off, try switching burn engines to VSO since VSO will set the layer break automatically and may bypass whtever Img is stumbling on

If that doesn't work, rip the images to your hdd, then open the files with Img and "rebuild" the files using build mode.

Let us know how you make out

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              I don't recall ever seeing this Img error, darn peculiar, especially given the fact that these are retail, studio produced dvds.

How to deal with 'The End of The World' problem In this guide you will see how the problem with ImgBurn not being able to find any cells, that can be used for the layer-break when you want to burn a DVD DL disc, can be solved. This is an example of the window you will see in such a case. To solve...

Comment

Not the same error Gummi, but thanks.
                Who knows, maybe Cynthia's fix will work here too.

Comment

I would build the ISO with ImgBurn. Don't know what program the thread starter used.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                    I would build the ISO with ImgBurn. Don't know what program the thread starter used.
                    Yup, that's my #2 suggestion, but VSO might just do it without any "extra" tasks involved for the user. Worth a shot for sure

Comment

I just mounted all 8 ISO's and checked them with Nero CD-DVD Speed and sure enough, they're all PTP. What can I do now?

Comment

I just mounted all 8 ISO's and checked them with Nero CD-DVD Speed and sure enough, they're all PTP. What can I do now?
                        As suggested before, build new isos with ImgBurn (or another program that works).

Comment

Build new ISO's from the ISO's or from the original discs? Because, I don't have the original discs. I tried building a new ISO from the ISO using ImgBurn and Nero CD-DVD Speed still reports it as PTP.

Comment

or from the original discs? Because, I don't have the original discs.

Last edited by AGJ; 09-04-2010, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X