Having troubles with backing up Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having troubles with backing up Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage DVD

I get read errors toward the 93% read mark. hit ignore all and it takes almost 2hrs to read. When i burned it back. Everything played fine until that area which is about the 93/94% mark of the dvd. It starts to jump and pixelate.

Clean the disk even if it looks clean or is brand new. This may be a manufacturing defect when the disk was molded. You can download free VSO inspector and DVDFab Passkey free also. Bad sectors are part and parcel of some structural protections and VSO inspector will give false positives (errors) if present. Run Passkey in the background while running VSO inspector and if you get an error you can be sure it is a bad disk and get it replaced.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

tried both programs. disc didn't have any errors but it did take quite a few tries to read the sectors that were in that 94-96% mark. cleaned the disc beforehand but it didn't looked like it was scratched and the disc was new. i'll exchange for another at best buy and see what happens. Thnx!

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Clean the disk even if it looks clean or is brand new. This may be a manufacturing defect when the disk was molded. You can download free VSO inspector and DVDFab Passkey free also. Bad sectors are part and parcel of some structural protections and VSO inspector will give false positives (errors) if present. Run Passkey in the background while running VSO inspector and if you get an error you can be sure it is a bad disk and get it replaced.
        Updated: It was the disc. Had it replaced and worked like a charm. Thanks for the help

Comment

That is happening all too often. Glad you got it!
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I saw them last night in Mountain View. They tore up - seriously. I saw them in and in many respects they are better now as a direct act. If you are on the fence about seeing them on this trip and skip precipitation. You will not be disappointed.
            The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Comment

Working...
            X