Prince of Persia will not burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince of Persia will not burn

I have tried to burn but keep getting Task_2failed!error=116. Anyone having same problem.

Hi ponyrider127
    116 HWS_WRITINGFAILED 16 // Writing failed (write error or process aborted)
    Please post your logs The default location is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.
    Please just copy and paste the burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Log

I tried the latest beta version and no problem.
      Last edited by ponyrider127; 09-14-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

ponyrider127
        You have a few obstacles to over come First:
        2010-09-13 05:20:26 Info Media ID: RITEKF1 the media you are using is considered crap sorry
        Consider picking up some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim disc's.
        Second:lower your burn speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your media which would be 4X in your case.
        Also if you want to salvage the disc's you have now you best solution is to burn with ImgBurn it is free and you will find it here along with a tutorial on how to set it up http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33
        Post back
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

I used the latest beta version with no problem.

Comment

Glad it worked

Comment

I am having problems also. There are multiple main movie files. Does anyone know the correct file. I managed to burn file no. 37, but it does not play in sequence.

Comment

First off buddy, you should start your own thread, basically so you can have a whole page just for you to get help, and because even though you might think you have the same problem as the last guy, you might not also.
                Anyways, now you're talking about a DVD right? Not a blu ray? If you're talking about a DVD, they will almost always come as 1 gb VOB files. There will never be one file to play the movie. Basically what you want is, for example, a folder called Avatar, and in that folder will be two other folders. One called AUDIO_TS and one called VIDEO_TS. The AUDIO_TS will not have anything in it. The VIDEO_TS will have a few .VOB files, a few .IFO files, etc. What you want to do is burn the whole Avatar folder, not just single files. This folder is called a compliant DVD structure. Its what your DVD player looks at and then plays it if its in the right format. Use a program called Imgburn and just drag the whole folder into the Write Files/Folders to Disc option and it will set all the settings automatically for you.
                SPECS
                DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
                X