Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB wont copy properly

I am new to the DVDFAB Forum.
    Can you help me, or direct me to a link that will help me?
    I am trying to copy, or clone a DVD to use on a flash drive (Western Digital 500GB Portable (which I have formatted as FAT32)), then plug it into a Panasonic Blu-Ray Recorder (with an in-built PVR) (which will only accept flash drives formatted as FAT 32).
    The recorded movie will play on my laptop, but I had difficulties in getting it to play on my PVR.
    Either the movie will not play or the movie will have a lot of bugs (eg. I cannot pause, the movie will start again. I cannot fastforward, the movie will start again. I cannot restart where I stoped the movie at, the movie will restart again. I cannot jump to section. The movie will be recognised one time but not the other.).
    Some movies I have copied will not play, no matter what settings I copy the movie using DVDFAB.
    Any Ideas.

Sorry but the movies play fine on your computer so it not DVDFab problem but rather you Blu-ray Recorder being the problem. What file types will it play back as it sounds like it will not play the files ripped from DVD properly.

Comment

You're not going to be able to use clone mode (always rips to .ISO) since FAT32 is restricted to a file size < 4 GB.

Could you describe exactly what version, mode, output format, etc., etc.?
      Please post your process and internal logs.

The default location is:

C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP
      C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Do the files play ok when viewed from the WD hdd ---> pc with a software player such as VLC, Media Player Classic?
      Is this what you meant when you said it will play ok when viewed on your laptop?
      I mean the files on the WD hdd.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        You're not going to be able to use clone mode (always rips to .ISO) since FAT32 is restricted to a file size < 4 GB.

Could you describe exactly what version, mode, output format, etc., etc.?

The default location is:

C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP
        C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Do the files play ok when viewed from the WD hdd ---> pc with a software player such as VLC, Media Player Classic?
        Is this what you meant when you said it will play ok when viewed on your laptop?
        I mean the files on the WD hdd.
        I have the DVDFAB loaded on to the WD 2TB External Hard Drive, and a quick link on the laptop desktop.
        I will open the DVDFAB onto the desktop, and work from there.
        I will then load the DVD I want to copy (clone) into the laptop, and make my selections from DVDFAB. (AVI, Stereo, 320, generic xvid, etc...)
        I will direct the DVDFAB to copy the DVD onto the WD 2 TB External Hard Drive.
        I will then copy movie again onto the WD 500 GB WD External Hard Drive by just moving the movie from one file to another using my Windows 7 arrow.
        I will then unplug the WD 500 GB External Hard Drive and plug it into the Panasonic Blu-Ray Recorder (DMR-BW850) via the USB Port.
        I will then use the menu on the Panasonic to navigate to the movie and press play.
        Sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont, sometimes it will work but with play problems (will not rewind, will not pause, will not play past a certain point, etc...).
        I use the same type of DVD everytime. Ranging in size from 4 GB to 8 GB. All the DVD's have the same problem, regardless of size.

Comment

You can't rip to .ISO if the file size exceeds 4 GB if using FAT32 format
          (actually 4 GB - 2 Bytes)

Could you describe exactly what version?
          ???
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X