Just updated to latest version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just updated to latest version

I have now figured out I needed to reregister, I am used to putting movie in and writing it, then it asked for a disc to copy and burn, now it just says finished, how do I go about getting the movie onto a blank DVD, I see things have changed a little bit, I am back to my PC to try this, can anyone explain in english terms how to go about putting blank in and letting it to its thing

I have never gone to my hard drive and grabbed the movie there, i have always just inserted the DVD-R and it automatically does its thing, so this is new for me, thanks for anyones help

Ed

Comment

It almost sounds like the activation didn't stick and you're in trial mode.
      Do you have full functionality otherwise?
      For eg., can you select Customize mode and modify the file content or is this restricted?

Please click on the ? mark icon (upper right of initial splash screen), select About from the dropdown
      and tell us waht 's displayed re: your license, expiration dates, staus of the modules.

Do not post product key info
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

license xxxxxxx
        exp sept 2012

it says enabled, I will try the registration key again

Thanks for the response!
        Last edited by Guest; 09-15-2010, 02:53 PM. Reason: remove license #

Comment

I just rebooted, when I click on FAB icon it says failed to initialize burning engine, seems the culprit to my problem, I am attempting to reinstall software to see if that fixes, any suggestions?

Ed

Comment

it takes me to the download key screen, not sure what to do, I thought just entering the key into the ? area would be enough, clearly i am not doing something right

Comment

So the DVD Copy module is enabled and displays the appropriate exp date.
              Sounds like VSO is the culprit (the default burn engine that comes bundled with DVD Copy).

What version are you using?
              If you haven't, please update to v.8011 Beta (link near the top right here on the forum).

If this still fails or you want to avail yourself of a much better and more reliable burn engine...Imgburn...like most of us (I believe all the mods),
              please click on the link below, in my sig:

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together
              You'll find an excellent video tutorial and some other tips such as setting up Automatic Write Speed...well worth the few minutes to set up.
              Last edited by maineman; 09-15-2010, 03:51 PM. Reason: typos

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled and now I am showing a VSO in the dropdown, but now it is asking for double layer and my DVD-R is single layer and always has been

This was the problem I had last time, any answers, at least we are now showing a burning ready to happen

Alsmost there I hope

Comment

I think the last try was in DVD9 format, I am now trying DVD5 to see if that fixes it.......I was reading older posts and maybe thought this might help, too much stuff I dont understand in some of these posts

well let you know if this works, is there a difference in single and double layer by using the DVD 5 or 9?

Comment

Originally posted by bluraydude View Post
                    is there a difference in single and double layer by using the DVD 5 or 9?
                    Yes, if you select DVD9 you will only be able to burn to a DVD DL disc, on the other hand DVD5 will compress the movie so that it will fit on a sindle layer disc
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

OK we are off and writing, whewwwwww, lets hope this is the end of my problems, using latest version and DVD5 so thanks so much to all the hard working people out there, I appreciate your fast responses and for helping me more understand how this works.....

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                        Yes, if you select DVD9 you will only be able to burn to a DVD DL disc, on the other hand DVD5 will compress the movie so that it will fit on a sindle layer disc
                        CBR929
                        Excellent point as always from CBR929.

Hey CB, you type like I do..."sindle layer"...lol

Comment

Originally posted by bluraydude View Post
                          OK we are off and writing, whewwwwww, lets hope this is the end of my problems, using latest version and DVD5 so thanks so much to all the hard working people out there, I appreciate your fast responses and for helping me more understand how this works.....
                          Glad we could help and glad to hear you're up and running smoothly!

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                            Hey CB, you type like I do..."sindle layer"...lol
                            Yes , that is funny Not felling myself lately.
                            CBR929
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                            X