Can't create ISO file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't create ISO file

Just installed DVDFab and am having the exact same problem as the person in this thread (I also have Win7 64-bit):

I am running windows 7 64bit and have everything installed. I can copy the DVD's into a FullDisc folder which has the AUDIO_TS folder and VIDEO_TS folder. Problem is that when i tell it to copy to a .iso file it gives me a error message "Failed to burn DVD." "Do you wnt to burn again?" When i say no it gives me a "Process Failed!" message.

As for the Processing messages i have the following.
    "
    You are going to try "DVD to DVD" option.
    Analyzing of DVD started
    Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
    Copy process started
    Copy process completed successfully
    Create ISO process started
    Task_2 faled! Error=121
    Process failed!
    "
    I tried it several times on two different hard drives with varying names. There is plenty of space.

I searched on error 121 and found it is "Invalid path for ISO creation", but I don't see anything wrong with the path.

Haven't tried ImgBurn because I am trying to minimize the number of programs on my PC - just want DVDFab to take care of everything...

Thanks in advance,
    Roger
    Attached Files

You may both try updating to the newest beta and try again http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8009
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by rmartin View Post
      Haven't tried ImgBurn because I am trying to minimize the number of programs on my PC - just want DVDFab to take care of everything...

Thanks in advance,
      Roger
      I understand your reluctance not to add more software, but in actual terms, you already did add more with VSO.
      This is the default burn engine that comes bundled with the Fab DVD Copy and is a separate and distinct software
      (And believe me I get it that it came with the product...many times i wish it didn't)

We can try to help you troubleshoot the issue with VSO, but my initail advice is:
      ditch VSO and D/L and install Img.
      If you want, you can uninstall VSO afterwards cuz my bet is you won't ever go back.
      Ultimately, your net change in software apps is zero.

Please click on the link in my sig below:
      Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Please update to 8011 Beta (link here on the forum)

Please post the logs, internal, process and burn logs.

The default location is:

For Win7
      C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP
      C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

I'm sure this isn't the case, but by any chance are the hdds FAT32?
      As you know, FAT32 cannot handle files > 4 GB.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by JohninLA
        Is this an issue with version 8? Thanks.
        Not that I know of and the user linked by the OP in the first post was not running Fabb 8.xxx.

I can load VSO (never use it except for testing) and give it a whirl just to confirm this.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Something is seriously amiss; get a load of the elapsed time in the OP’s screenshot.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Here are the log files.

I confirmed all my hard drives are NTFS.

How would I uninstall VSO? I didn't see it in Add/Remove Programs.

Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

"I confirmed all my hard drives are NTFS."...

Try shortening the length of the ISO file name, I think it may be too long.

In device manager, scroll to the bottom to find VSO and unistall the patin-couffin driver. This won't cause any trouble. As a matter of fact, with certain driver issues, VSO recommends uninstalling the p-c driver.
              VSO uses SPTI now anyway.

Next time you D/L Fab, just untick VSO at the install screen

You can find vso_hew.dll in your Fab program fille. Quite honestly, I've never uninstalled this and it's only 2678 KB...hardly worth any space at all.

Worth repeating...
              Dump VSO and install Img

Comment

I tried with several different names, including "Seinfeld.iso", which is only 8 characters. All had the same result.

Unless you have another idea, I may try ImgBurn.

Comment

ImgBurn works fine even with long file names. Example:

I 15:16:13 Destination File: C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\DVDFab\ISO\THE_BOUNTY_HUNTER.iso
                  I 15:16:13 Destination Free Space: 274,138,152,960 Bytes (267,713,040 KB) (261,438 MB) (255 GB)
                  I 15:16:13 Destination File System: NTFS
                  I 15:16:13 File Splitting: Auto
                  I 15:16:13 Writing Image...
                  I 15:21:46 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:05:33
                  I 15:21:46 Average Write Rate: 12,270 KB/s (8.9x) - Maximum Write Rate: 22,676 KB/s (16.4x)
                  I 15:21:47 Close Request Acknowledged
                  I 15:21:47 Closing Down...
                  I 15:21:47 Shutting down SPTI...
                  I 15:21:47 ImgBurn closed!
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

I switched to ImgBurn and the ISO now gets created. Thanks for your help and to whoever put the how-to doc together. The YouTube video is a nice touch.

Roger

Comment

Working...
                    X