Shrek 3 DVD causes DVDFab to lock up getting disc info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrek 3 DVD causes DVDFab to lock up getting disc info

When I place the Shrek 3 DVD in my laptop DVD drive (Win 7), DVDFab will recognize the disc and I get the progress bar while it's retrieving disc information. However DVDFab locks up every time before this is complete.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the recent update to 8.0.0.5, however I know that I never had any issues with things like this under the old version either.

I attached the only log file which shows any entries in the last week (when I started trying Shrek 3).

I need some help figuring out what the problem is and correcting it.

Thanks.
    Mike
    Attached Files

Update to V 8011 and for this old movie try turning off pathplayer.

Comment

Thanks Grunon. I followed your advice and downloaded 8.0.1.1. With Pathplayer on, the same freezing occurred. When I turned Pathplayer off, DVDFab got past the disc info, but when then when using DVDCopy > Main Movie to make an ISO, it gets part way in and throws a disk error 102. I've attached new log files.

Thanks,
      Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

Make sure the DVD has no fingerprints/smudges on it or visable scratches. Give it a wipe with a non scratching lint free cloth and try again. If that does not work take DVD back to store and exchange for another.

Comment

Working...
        X