Possible driver confilct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible driver confilct

I put version 6.1.2.0 on an older Pentium 4 machine with ATI Radeon xpress 200 video chipset onboard. At some point during the process the display went black, no error message, nothing. I repeated the process and again the same thing but this time I noticed, and every attempt after that the display went dark when the preview began to play? I set the preview to “internal” and all is well again, no audio in preview but the display stays on and the process completes. This may be unique to my system but I doubt it because it caused the display driver to stop responding.
    So if you have this video chip set and the display suddenly goes black, set the preview to internal in common settings.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
    I put version 6.1.2.0 on an older Pentium 4 machine with ATI Radeon xpress 200 video chipset onboard. At some point during the process the display went black, no error message, nothing. I repeated the process and again the same thing but this time I noticed, and every attempt after that the display went dark when the preview began to play? I set the preview to “internal” and all is well again, no audio in preview but the display stays on and the process completes. This may be unique to my system but I doubt it because it caused the display driver to stop responding.
    So if you have this video chip set and the display suddenly goes black, set the preview to internal in common settings.
    Are you running widgets or do you have a customer participation anywhere in your installed programs?Another thing is how much ram do you have?

Comment

Working...
    X