X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help

I'm using DVDFAB 7.0.9.3

I'm having a bit of a problem converting a DVD9 file to a DVD5 file

I copied the disc with DVD Decrypter, joined the files, and used ifoedit to rebuild the IFO files, it works fine, but I want to burn to a regular DVDR so I need to convert it to DVD5

Here is what the files look like:

When I try to convert the file with DVDFAB here is what I get:

can anyone help?

Task_1 failed! Error=401 means Quality Unreachable and could be because you have the entire movie as one vob file. So from what I seen DVDFab not able to compress it as it not original vob files. No matter what you try DVDFab will not be able to compress to DVD5 output size and updating DVDFab to the recent release will not help with that either. All I can say is use the original DVD and compress it to the size you want

Comment

Yeah you shouldn't combine the VOB files, leave them the way they are meant to be, at approximately 1 gb a piece. Pretty much everything can handle a DVD structure, you should not have any reason to do this.
      SPECS
      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

well the reason I combine the files is because some of the DVD's I get a a little beat up, and dvd decrypter does a better job at reading them imo, where dvdfab looks for the 'unreadable' parts and fills them with random data, then you have frame skips, and the reason I have dvd decrypter set to join the files is because in order to use ifoedit to make the ifo files it has to be one file, get what i mean?

well does anyone know how i can re-split those files so dvdfab can convert them? I would re-rip but I don't have the DVD's anymore if ya know what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by S0V13T View Post
          I would re-rip but I don't have the DVD's anymore if ya know what i mean.
          No, we don't why don't you enlighten us.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by S0V13T View Post
            I don't have the DVD's anymore if ya know what i mean.
            Yes I know what you mean and we do not discuss the copying of movies we do not have nor do we own.

Read the forum rules and policies before posting again.

Thread closed.

Comment

Sorry, unless you can justify to us that your activities are in compliance with copyright law and Fair Use Provision, we cannot help you.

Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The owners of this forum and suppliers of the software discussed here do not support or condone the theft of intellectual property in any fashion, but believe that consumers that purchase entertainment media products have the Fair Use right to 1) make a single backup copy for security purposes and 2) convert the content to a form more suitable or convenient than that in which it was supplied. Discussion of other use of the software that infringes on the rights of the copyright holder will not be permitted, including specifically but not limited to copying rental DVDs or games or copying any content that the user does not personally own. This is an International forum and copyright laws vary from country to country. The user of the software bears sole responsibility for its use in compliance with local laws.

Copyright 2009 Fengtao Software, Inc.

Thread closed
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hey Gruñón, sorry didn't spot you time.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                  Hey Gruñón, sorry didn't spot you time.
                  Not a problem .
                  Hopefully he and others get the message..

Comment

Working...
                  X