Some problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some problems

I think i am encountering some of the similar problems other users are having. When trying to use the free software and doing iron man 2, it would give me an error message Task_2 failed! Error=105, thinking it was the burning engine i switched to imageburn, then after decrypting, the file was too large, 7 or so gigs, (i did have it set to dvd5) i also am getting the messages everybody else seems to be getting about dvdcopy being expired. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Hi pherror

If you are using the free version of Fab you will not be able to compress, only rip full disc to hdd with no compression unless something has changed.
    Please give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=879
    Your logs indicate:W 21:13:02 User accepted disc space warning and is attempting to overburn!
    I 21:12:59 Image Size: 7,403,667,456 bytes
    There is no way that file size will fit on a SL disc
    You should also slow your burn speed down:
    I 21:13:02 Write Speed: MAX
    I 21:13:02 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 22,167 KB/s (16x)
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Try main movie to see if it will be a DVD5 size since you are using the free version

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Hi pherror

If you are using the free version of Fab you will not be able to compress, only rip full disc to hdd with no compression unless something has changed.

But i was doing it in dvd5, so it will be small enough, i have always done it this way?

i'll read this when i get home tonight, thanks.

Your logs indicate:W 21:13:02 User accepted disc space warning and is attempting to overburn!

like i said i did it in dvd5, i know the cap was over i thougth maybe it was mistake, so i gave it shot anyway.

i will try this

CBR929
        Also i have nbeen using this since dvdshrink stopped support, i don't think i am doing anyhting different, I never had problems with the included burning software, but it seemed from reading other posts imgburn was the way to go anyway. I will try all your suggestions, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Try main movie to see if it will be a DVD5 size since you are using the free version
          Thanks, i'll give this shot also, like i said earlier i dont think i am doing anyhting different from all the years i have been using this, just strange, the only time i ever updated was for new encryption methods.

Comment

Ok, just using the main movie worked, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Hi pherror

CBR929
              Just using the main movie worked, what speed would you recommend burning at, even tho i have always burned at max?

Comment

Originally posted by pherror View Post
                Just using the main movie worked, what speed would you recommend burning at, even tho i have always burned at max?
                General rule of thumb for starters is 1/2 the max rated speed of your media.
                Your call to tweak from there as there are many variables involved...
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Ok, just using the main movie worked, thanks.
                  I thought that would as the Main movie for this DVD fits a DVD5 size blank without compression. The free version does not compress and will burn to a DVD9 or DVD5 if no compression is needed, well it does on my computer.

If you need to compress just use the computer as target and save to folder then use DVDshrink to compress that folder to fit the DVD5 blank

Comment

I thought that would as the Main movie for this DVD fits a DVD5 size blank without compression. The free version does not compress and will burn to a DVD9 or DVD5 if no compression is needed, well it does on my computer.

If you need to compress just use the computer as target and save to folder then use DVDshrink to compress that folder to fit the DVD5 blank
                    I have done this before, however for some reason it is not outputting a file folder, is there a setting for this, this is somthing it used to do also, i could go back and burn abother backup later if i wanted to. Also did it compress it at one time?

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                      General rule of thumb for starters is 1/2 the max rated speed of your media.
                      Your call to tweak from there as there are many variables involved...
                      Ok i'll keep that in mind.

Comment

I have done this before, however for some reason it is not outputting a file folder, is there a setting for this?
                        Yes instead of using the DVD Drive as Target you select the C: drive in the dropdown selection or use the Yellow folder next to target to select a different spot to save. Then you can use that saved folder in DVDShrink to compress

Also did it compress it at one time?
                        The Free HD Decryptor has never compressed as it only a free version to ripp the DVD to computer with no compression. You do get a 30 day trial with Full Features available for testing with. After the 30 days is over you only have the use of the Free HD Decryptor unless you buy the program and register.

Comment

Yes instead of using the DVD Drive as Target you select the C: drive in the dropdown selection or use the Yellow folder next to target to select a different spot to save. Then you can use that saved folder in DVDShrink to compress

The Free HD Decryptor has never compressed as it only a free version to ripp the DVD to computer with no compression. You do get a 30 day trial with Full Features available for testing with. After the 30 days is over you only have the use of the Free HD Decryptor unless you buy the program and register.
                          Ok, that makes sense, heh. I was trying to change the burning speed to 8x, i did it in dvdfab, but since i am using imgburn, it still burned at 16x?

Comment

I was trying to change the burning speed to 8x, i did it in dvdfab, but since i am using imgburn, it still burned at 16x?
                            Hi pherror
                            You could just go back through the steps in setting up ImgBurn and make sure everything is correct
                            CBR929
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                            X