No Source Location Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Source Location Available

I just upgraded from 8.0.0.5 to 8.0.2.1 and am having troubles getting the Source location to populate in DVD Copy.

I copied a DVD in 8.0.0.5 just fine immediately prior to updating. When that disc was done, there was a pop-up with the new version, 8.0.2.1, available. I updated the software and restarted my computer.

DVDFAB sees the disc and shows the Open DVD Source popup, but doesn't populate anything in the Source location. This is the case whether in Full Disc or Main Movie. Also, the DVD size doesn't show (DVD5 or DVD9), along with the Quality.

Any advice?

Running on Windows 7 64-bit.
    Last edited by wallrat76; 10-01-2010, 03:47 AM. Reason: added OS.

Did you try restarting your computer?

Comment

Originally posted by wallrat76 View Post
      I updated the software and restarted my computer.
      Yes. I restarted after I noticed the issue after the upgrade and then restarted a second time.

If I click on the green check mark on the upper right hand corner, it shows all of the DVD info for the DVD I'm trying to copy (just like it should).

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Uninstall DVDFab and then reinstall again as something might have happened during the install

Comment

Uninstall and reinstall didn't work. I did get the popup asking which region the disc was from, which didn't happen on the original upgrade.

I'm going to restart and see if that helps.

Comment

Uninstall, reinstall and then restart worked. I'm a happy camper now. Fingers crossed for no more issues. I've been a DVDFAB user for 4 years and this is the only issue I've come across.

Thanks.

Comment

Well glad it working again for you and thanks for letting us know

Comment

Frozen DVD

I had similar problems but resolved them by deleting this first download and re-loading the software update. It works fine with the exception of not being able to play Frozen, an intense drama about stranded snowboarders. It will transfer to my hard drive but not to DVD. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by DVDmaven View Post
                  I had similar problems but resolved them by deleting this first download and re-loading the software update. It works fine with the exception of not being able to play Frozen, an intense drama about stranded snowboarders. It will transfer to my hard drive but not to DVD. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
                  Start a help thread and someone can help as DVDFab has no issues with this DVD

Comment

Hi wallrat76,

Please post dvdfab_internal.log, thanks.

Best Regards,
                    Fengtao
                    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                    X