Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you saying the disc came out of the shrink wrap with a "huge scratch on it" that's rare ... or did one of your kids scratch it before you could make a backup Good thing the store took it back !!
    Last edited by AlienX69; 10-28-2009, 07:56 PM.
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
      Are you saying the disc came out of the shrink wrap with a "huge scratch on it" that's rare ... or did one of your kids scratch it before you could make a backup Good thing the store took it back !!
      I have actually had a DVD right out of the shrink wrap that had finger prints all over it. Took it back to Future Shop where I bought it and complained that a new DVD I opened had finger prints all over it and it did not play correctly as well. I asked for another one and opened it in front of the employee and no finger prints

Comment

I had one one time that had some kind of black plastic melted on to the playing surface .... I was shocked. I said hey lady I just bought this a couple of hours ago, I did not do it. She said are you going to exchange for the exact same I said yes so no hassle. But very rarely has that happen to me, once only actually.

Now I'll get scratched disc at garage sales ..... and what I found that works WONDERS on older scratched discs is DVDFab Express 2.9.1. It's really good, especially if only one the the .VOB's won't rip and only 5 to 10% is missing, I have ot use another tool to clean the .VOB's once ripped.
        Last edited by AlienX69; 10-28-2009, 08:16 PM.
        AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
          I had one one time that had some kind of black plastic melted on to the playing surface .... I was shocked. I said hey lady I just bought this a couple of hours ago, I did not do it. She said are you going to exchange for the exact same I said yes so no hassle. But very rarely has that happen to me, once only actually.

Now I'll get scratched disc at garage sales ..... and what I found that works WONDERS on older scratched discs is DVDFab Express 2.9.1. It's really good, especially if only one the the .VOB's won't rip and only 5 to 10% is missing, I have ot use another tool to clean the .VOB's once ripped.

It came out of the shrink wrap with it. I took it back to the store(walmart) and they exchanged it for me

I went to a garage sale about 1 month ago and they were selling of all things back up copies of movies for $3 a piece. I thought wow you people are asking for trouble huh. I didnt buy any of them.

Another thing that works good on scratched DVDs in car wax believe it or not. I tried it and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefreak View Post
            Another thing that works good on scratched DVDs in
            car wax believe it or not. I tried it and it works.
            Furniture polish too !!!
            AX

Comment

And Brasso !!!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

trouble with tinker bell

I finally got tinker bell to copy. When i put my disc in it said that i needed to put a double layer media in to start write process. What do i do? I dont know the difference between single and double. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mom5 View Post
                  I finally got tinker bell to copy. When i put my disc in it said that i needed to put a double layer media in to start write process. What do i do? I dont know the difference between single and double. Thank you.
                  I have just finished copying that one okay, make sure you have 5 selected as the destination disc and NOT 9 in the ''default output size''.
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2009, 02:04 AM.

Comment

So how did you go? Okay now?

Comment

DVD5 - Single Layer Disc will hold approx 4.7Gb of video (.vob files)
                      DVD9 - Dual Layer Disc will hold approx 8.5Gb of video (.vob files)

Select DVD5 if your blanks are 4.7 single layer disks. TIP: Buy Taiyo Yuden SL blanks, there are one of the best, read the reviews !!

For a more detailed explanation CLICK HERE

PS: Welcome to the DVDFab Forum ....
                      Last edited by AlienX69; 11-13-2009, 11:35 AM.
                      AX

Comment

thank you

Thank you very much for your help. I changed it to dvd5. Now it is telling me that my dvd to dvd has expired. I still have time left in my year. So i thought i had better start a new thread because i dont want to get in trouble for combining threads. Thank you again.

Comment

I was able to get this to work with just the main movie. It would not allow me to copy the whole thing.

Has anyone gotten this to work with the full back up?

Comment

Working...
                          X