Poor Quality Copies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Quality Copies

For those that do Main Movie ISO copy of SD DVD, are you having issues with the picture quality afterward? I have made uncompressed ISO copies of my Star Wars DVD's, anf the picture quality on the stream is poor.
    I stream from my WHS to a Dune 3.0 media player. BD disks look perfect, but SD disks come out grainy and with artifacts.
    Any suggestions on how to get a picture quality on par with the actual disk.

Thx

Originally posted by sac130e View Post
    For those that do Main Movie ISO copy of SD DVD, are you having issues with the picture quality afterward? I have made uncompressed ISO copies of my Star Wars DVD's, anf the picture quality on the stream is poor.
    I stream from my WHS to a Dune 3.0 media player. BD disks look perfect, but SD disks come out grainy and with artifacts.
    Any suggestions on how to get a picture quality on par with the actual disk.

Thx
    Did you verify the ISO copy by playing it on your PC? Or burning it to a DVD and playing it in a DVD player to see if the artifacts are present? If not, then it's a problem with your streaming setup.

Comment

Originally posted by tli View Post
      Did you verify the ISO copy by playing it on your PC? Or burning it to a DVD and playing it in a DVD player to see if the artifacts are present? If not, then it's a problem with your streaming setup.
      Looked great in preview window, and not burning to DVD, only copy for streaming purpose. If there is a problem with my streaming hardware, then why would it only effect the SD DVD and not BD DVD, those look great while streaming?
      Any way in the settings to enhance the DVD copy to improve quality of picture or resolution?

THx

Comment

It's Most Likely Your Media Player

Looked great in preview window, and not burning to DVD, only copy for streaming purpose.
        Again, you need to verify that the ISO copy is clean and free of artifacts in order to isolate the problem. Playing the original source in the DVDFab preview window only proves that your source has no artifact.

If there is a problem with my streaming hardware, then why would it only effect the SD DVD and not BD DVD, those look great while streaming?
        I still believe that it's your media player that's causing the artifacts. The rendering of DVD and BD are different, and the implementation for DVD may not be in full compliance with standards. The media player's setting(s) may also be incorrect or incompatible for playing DVD but OK for BD. Check the media player's user manual and ask in the media player's support forum for help--not here in the DVDFab forum. Again, make sure that the media player's firmware is current too.

Any way in the settings to enhance the DVD copy to improve quality of picture or resolution?

THx
        As stated previously in your earlier thread:

Again, ISO copy is an exact copy of your source--the best video quality possible. There is no DVDFab setting that could increase the video quality of your original source DVD--not that I'm aware of. Check your media player first...

Comment

Working...
        X