Copy Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy Problems

I have no problems copying the DVD's, but when it tells me to insert a blank DVD to start the burn process it keeps telling me to insert a compatable DVD. I don't understand why it keeps failing to burn. I have tried to insert differant DVD's and it's still spitting it back out and telling me to insert a compatable one. I am using DVD + R DVD's. Can anyone help me out?

Make sure you have the quality setting set to DVD-5 if you are using single layer discs.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Copy Problem

I do have it to DVD - 5, any other suggestions.

Comment

Yeah, click the green arrow and go down and click "Write" if DVD5 is larger than 4472 click "Customize" and set it to 4472.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          Make sure you have the quality setting set to DVD-5 if you are using single layer discs.
          I do happen to have it on DVD-5. Any other suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            Yeah, click the green arrow and go down and click "Write" if DVD5 is larger than 4472 click "Customize" and set it to 4472.
            Where is the green arrow

Comment

At the top of the first screen, it's actually a white check mark in a green circle. A column will be on the left side of the screen, just click write and set the DVD5 size.

Albert Einstein

Comment

its still stating to insert a compatable media to start the write process.

Comment

What kind (brand) of media are you using? And have you swapped it for another in the stack to see if it is a bad one?

Albert Einstein

Comment

i have tried using several differant ones. They are maxell DVD+R.

Comment

I reccomend you download ImgBurn, it is a free burning engine that most of us use. and see this thread for instructions to make it work with Fab. The VSO engine that comes with Fab is problematic for some users.

Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks i will give that a try

Comment

Hi JohnPaul,

Please try the following steps to see if the problem can be fixed:

1. Update to the latest firmware of DVD writer;
                          2. Try different brand media, well-known brands like Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim will be better; Please keep away of Memorex media, some of which are of poor quality;
                          3. Try different format media like DVD+/-R/RW if your DVD writer supports.
                          ________
                          buttsex Cam
                          Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X