Ripped to hard drive Now question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripped to hard drive Now question

I am real green to this, but not terribly stupid, so I would appreciate any help!
    I removed the copy protection from a movie and ripped it. This left me with dozens of IFO, VOB, and BUP files. I can't seem to burn a usable DVD from this folder. I can play the vob's one at a time, but how can I make a DVD from this? If I merge them, I get an 8gig+ file. The merged file will play on my laptop, but how do I make a playable DVD out of this or the ripped files? I didn't want to shrink it, just copy the movie. Maybe I'm missing something simple? Or some direction! Log files below...

2010-10-10 15:54:40 ---- ******************** Log session stop 10-Oct 15:54:40.484 PID 1700********************
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A DH10 [D] (Ide)
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 Info System default language : English (United States)
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 Info User default language : English (United States)
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 Info DLL Version : 4.0.11.473
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 Info Version : 8, 0, 2, 2
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
    2010-10-10 15:54:26 ---- ******************** Log session start 10-Oct 15:54:26.984 PID 1700********************
    ***Internal log
    2m 49.87s: 513.05 : not any valid video codec information
    2m 49.90s: 513.05: get video start offset(3002)
    2m 50.84s: 513.05 : not any valid video codec information
    2m 50.84s: 513.05: get video start offset(3002)
    ***process log
    16:22:33: Burn DVD folder (C:\Documents and Settings\peter\My Documents\AVATAR\) started
    16:23:40: Burn DVD folder (C:\Documents and Settings\peter\My Documents\AVATAR\) started
    16:23:46: Task_2 failed! Error=105

You used the DVDFab DVD Copy and not the DVD Ripper so I moved thread to correct section for you. Now that saved folder that you ripped to HDD with DVDFab you use that as source and then the DVD Drive with blank DVD as target to burn to DVD.

You can as well use the Write Data and select that folder you ripped to HDD as Source and the DVD Drive with blank DVD as Target and it will burn the files in the folder to the DVD and be playable using DVD player or such.

The files have to be untouched and as they were originally when they was ripped to computer for DVDFab to burn to DVD

Comment

Thanks A, and sorry about the section I posted in. Is there a way to select the movie and not burn the other files? Are there any other files other than the VOBs that I need? thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by JimGrayson View Post
        Thanks A, and sorry about the section I posted in. Is there a way to select the movie and not burn the other files? Are there any other files other than the VOBs that I need? thanks again.
        You need all the files that DVDFab rips to computer as they are DVD compliant. If you do not leave them as they was originally ripped then when burned to DVD the DVD will not play on DVD .

If you want one file and only use computer or a media player to play them then take a look at the DVDFab DVD Ripper and use either the VOB Passthrough, MKV, or WMV conversions. They give you one file that can be played on computer or streamed to a media player

Comment

So the files are linked somehow so the dvd player knows to look for the next VOB. I don't have a 2 layer burner and figured I could eliminate the unneeded files. I REALLY need a good tutorial on all this, or maybe a flow chart like list of what will work or won't. I noticed a tutorial on the site, so I'll go through that.

Comment

A DVD structure is made up of VOB's, IFO's and BUP files.

The VOB's contain the media, the IFO's the controls and the BUP's are backups of the IFO's in case the DVD gets damaged.

If you just want the main movie, use Fab's "Main Movie" mode when ripping to your HDD. This will give you ALL and ONLY the files required to play the main movie on a standalone player when burnt to DVD.

Hope this helps.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

///Edit...deleted
              Drat...slow again.
              I really should know better than to start posting at work, then come back and try to finish

Hey GregiBoy, howzit goin?
              Last edited by maineman; 10-11-2010, 12:27 AM.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Not great, MM....

Been in hospital, etc.

That's the problem with being an "OLD FART" !!!!
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

On the Dvd copy tab you can selct "Customize" this will rip the dvd to the HDD with only the files you choose, such as just the main movie.

Also on the "Full Disc" option you can select the full dvd and select the size of the dvd at the bottom. You can use the DVD5 option to shrink a DVD9 down to fit on a single layer dvd.

Not sure if that was answer your looking for, but hope that helps.

Comment

Hi JimGrayson,

Task-2 error 105 means that files are too big to fit on a DVD+/-R(W). Please burn them to a DVD9 disc or shrink them down to fit on a DVD5.

Please visit http://www.dvdfab.com/tutorial/DVD-to-DVD-Merge

to get more detailed tutorials about copying and burning.
                    ________
                    Avandia sickness
                    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I did some searching when I had time and realized I was going to have to shrink the files. I used DVDShrink and will try to burn one ( ) later. It took a while. I am installing everything to a 2 core machine running about double my old machine speed. Hopefully it won't take forever.
                      I hope some of this software will be able to handle multiple cores. I know programming for multi's is it's own nightmare, but it'd be nice to watch a 4-6 core chip process video with some good software.

Comment

Hi JimGrayson
                        Most movies will require some compression, I will not go any lower than 80%, and if I come across a movie like Avatar, I will just use a dual layer disc.
                        Make sure to use the DVD5 option on the main screen near the bottom to shrink a DVD9 down to fit on a single layer dvd as suggested by kradnam.
                        Anything above the 80% quality you may not be able to tell the difference between the original and the copy.

I hope some of this software will be able to handle multiple cores. I know programming for multi's is it's own nightmare, but it'd be nice to watch a 4-6 core chip process video with some good software.
                        With a 4-6 core chip and a decent video card, Fab will take all you can dish out, as long as the rest of your computer can keep up
                        Hope this helps
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks!
                          I dug into the specs on the burner on this laptop and it's a DL drive.
                          I was floored. This is a $300 Acer from W.Mart on clearance.
                          A simple speed test on copying shows that this machine (2 core) is much quicker than my old. I'm about to build a new desktop and it may get to be a joy to work with a good 4 core processor. I don't think I'm gonna wait for a 6 or 8. My main editing is audio, but my hearing is going so that may not last long, unfortunately.
                          So, I copied Evolution to single layer compressed and was pleased with the results on my 46 inch HD set. Onward, onward, but I need to study more on the files and format of dvd's. BD may be next, but I need to spring for some serious hardware before I tackle HD vid (although SD may be headed the way of the VCR, it looks like).
                          jg

Comment

Working...
                          X