Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab hangup after installing ATI Catalyst drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab hangup after installing ATI Catalyst drivers?

Dear all,
    I have a strange problem: after upgrading to new hardware, DVDFab doesn't start anymore. When I click the programm icon, i only see the the hourglass for some seconds. Then the mouse pointer reverts to normal, but then nothing happens (no error message, no program start up).

I tried seververal DVDFab-versions ranging from version 7 to 8.022, but without success.

After hours of testing I found out, that my ATI catalyst driver was the problem: as soon as I completely deinstall this driver, everything works correctly. But unfortunately, none of the different Catalyst-versions is working: I tried version 10.9 down to 10.4...but without success. And I somehow need a GPU driver.

Does anybody have a glue, how to solve this problem? Are there perhaps any BIOS-options that can also be responsible for that behaviour?

Here are my specs:
    AMD Phenomen X6 1090
    MoBo: Gigabyte GA-870-UD3 / 4GB DDR3
    GPU: ATI Vapor Radeon HD5770 / 1GB DDR5
    (tried also: ATI Radeon HD4870)

thanks Sven
    Last edited by Sven_Graf; 10-12-2010, 12:15 PM.

Are you sure you waited long enough?
    After making some changes and then starting Fab for the first time I have waited up to 2 min. for it to open.

After the first time the software then opens normally.

Comment

YES, I've waited for hours...
      I even installed DVDFab on a blank WinXP-installation (without any other software like Office, Antivirus,...etc).

It's always the same: after installing any kind of Catalyst-Driver, DVDFab doesn't start anymore.

Comment

Hi Sven Graf:
        DVDFab does working with ATI Radeon HD4850 and winxp 32.
        please check you ATI catalyst driver, I download from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...ostype=Windows XP - Professional/Home

Comment

Working...
        X