Sometimes it works, sometimes not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it works, sometimes not

When I use DVDFab, I always get the message that the process has completed sucessfully, however, sometimes the DVD will not play in the DVD player. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have attached the burn log and will attach the internal log in another post as it will not fit when I try to upload to this post. Thanks.
    Attached Files

I cannot attach the internal log. I get the error message that the file exceeds the size limit.

Comment

Originally posted by dchoice824 View Post
      I cannot attach the internal log. I get the error message that the file exceeds the size limit.
      just copy paste it to your post

Comment

burn the blank at 6x and as well go into common settings-write of DVDFab and select Set booktype to DVD-Rom for DVD+R media

Comment

can't play in the dvd player

Hi dchoice824,

For your problem,please check if the disc format (DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW) can be support by your DVD player. My suggestion is that you should try using a different brand/format media to burn again.

Well-known brands like Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim will be better; Please keep away of Memorex media, some of which are of poor quality. Try different format media like DVD+/-R/RW if your DVD writer supports.

Please check if your DVD player and TV can support the format of playback (PAL, NTSC or SECAM) . We don't touch the conversion between them.

Comment

Anny the OPs logs shows he is using verbs Disc ID: MCC-004-00)
            It does not get much better than that so the media is not his problem.

Comment

@Anny

Take a look at the burn log as this member is already using Verbatim 8x DVD+R media with a MID MCC-004-00.

Which explains post #4

Comment

I tried to copy and paste the internal log. It will copy but will not allow me to paste. I opened it and attached it but there were too many "characters".

I copied and burned the same movie without making any changes and it played fine in all of my DVD players. I will change the book type and will speed up the burn to 6X and see how that works. Please let me know of any other changes that you think I should try. Thanks!

Comment

I was able to attach the process log if that helps any.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This could be more do with your actual burner than anything else. Slimline burners are notoriously inferior when it comes to archiving video content.
                    Many uses have complaints about this drive.

First off, check to see if there is a firmware update (this is a dell...right?).

I too, would bitset the media, although I don't think this will do it.
                    It can only help, it sure can't hurt.

Do the "failed" discs play ok in your lappie?

If you intend to do much burning, I'd invest in a ext burner or an internal burner in a external enclosure.
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for the help. Burned discs that do not play in DVD players will also not play on my lappie. It is really wierd how sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't without anything being changed. I haven't tried it since I made changes to the burn speed and set the book type. Maybe that will help. I will also update burner drivers if available.

Comment

Originally posted by dchoice824 View Post
                        Thanks for the help. Burned discs that do not play in DVD players will also not play on my lappie. It is really wierd how sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't without anything being changed. I haven't tried it since I made changes to the burn speed and set the book type. Maybe that will help. I will also update burner drivers if available.
                        You're welcome...let us know how you make out
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                        X