Toy Story 3 & Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toy Story 3 & Cars

I been trying to make a copy of Toy Story 3 and Cars Toon Mater's Tall Tales and I have not been able to do either. When I try Toy Story 3 I get many options to chose from but not sure which is correct and EVERYTIME I try to do the new Cars Mater's Tall Tales it has an error and needs to close. Help please!

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Burning questions I need help

I dont know if anyone can help me with this problem, but I have been making backup copies of my dvd's for several years now. I have always used dvdfab to get the movies on the computer and then used a combo of dvd shrink and dvd decryptor to burn them to a disk to be watched in the dvd player. Well nothing on my computer or the blank dvd's have changed. However, the last few days I have been unable to burn the dvd's right. I have tried using my dvd shrink and dvd decryptor combo and even tried burning with dvdfab. On both it says the dvd is complete and has been burned. When I put it in the dvd player it gives me an error on unknown disc, or it just says there is no disk. I do not understand why its been doing this lately. But if I was to put the finished movie in my pc or anyone else's it pops up would I like to watch the movie I was trying to burn, but the dvd player won'r recognize it. Like I said I have been doing this for years and I dont understand why all of a suddent its wanting to do this. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME PLEASE!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TRY AND IM DRIVING MYSELF CRAZY TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled everything and its still doing the same thing.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the same issue that you posted about just 3 days ago, but AGJ replied and offered help. You have not returned to that thread.
        You need to provide details in order to receive meaningful help.

Please provide the info that AGJ requested which can be found here:

Help Us Help You
        (link in my sig below)

Moving to your other thread in the DVD to DVD subforum
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I did a full disc copy on Toy Story 3, and had no problems at all.

Comment

No, this is not related to my original thread about toy story 3. I actually fixed that problem, somehow my pathplayer had been disabled. As soon as I fixed that Toy Story 3 went on my pc no problem. Now its the getting them back off I am having problems with. As I already stated I haven't changed anything from how it was....ok so I burn my dvd but it wont read on the dvd player but it will read on another pc. So my friend came over, he has the exact same software (dvd shrink and decryptor combo) I took the dvd that the dvd player wouldnt read and put it in his pc, he then copied to a folder on his computer and then attempted the same thing. He burned it with his dvd shrink and decryptor combo, IT PLAYS IN MY DVD PLAYER. IDK what to do. Is there a way to reset my dvd drive to factory settings or burn the dvd with dvdfab? I have never had this problem before

Comment

It's all guesswork without specifics.
              Please post the logs...1 or 2 of each should suffice, ie., process, internal, and especially the burn log.

Just copy and paste...

The default location is:

For Win7
              C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP
              C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                It's all guesswork without specifics.
                Please post the logs...1 or 2 of each should suffice, ie., process, internal, and especially the burn log.

Just copy and paste...

The default location is:

For Win7
                C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP
                C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

I think this is what you wanted

DVDFab 8.0.3.2 (2010/10/31 19:31:22)

0m 12.79s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                2m 55.12s: detected dvd
                2m 55.15s: drive E
                2m 55.15s: dvd type 1
                2m 55.15s: volume label TOY_STORY_3
                2m 55.76s: got copyright 1 fe
                2m 56.23s: got udf/iso
                3m 01.86s: got discinfo
                3m 02.05s: pathplayer enabled
                3m 40.05s: got dvdinfo
                40m 43.52s: detected dvd
                40m 43.58s: drive E
                40m 43.58s: dvd type 1
                40m 43.58s: volume label CARSTOONS
                40m 43.67s: got copyright 1 f6
                40m 44.61s: got udf/iso
                40m 52.46s: got discinfo
                40m 52.60s: pathplayer enabled
                42m 26.24s: got dvdinfo

DVDFab 8.0.3.2 (2010/11/02 09:41:37)

0m 16.53s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                1m 03.63s: pathplayer enabled
                1m 44.28s: detected dvd
                1m 44.28s: drive E
                1m 44.28s: dvd type 0
                1m 44.28s: volume label

2010-11-02 10:14:48 ---- ******************** Log session stop 02-Nov 10:14:48.685 PID 5284********************
                2010-11-02 10:03:56 Info WRITE SUCCESS: Disc written
                2010-11-02 10:03:56 Info Finalization Time 00:00:36 - Total completion time 00:10:43
                2010-11-02 10:03:19 Info Write finished in 00:10:07 - Finalization start here. Avg. burn rate 5.90
                2010-11-02 09:53:26 Info Lead-in burning time (mS) 13840
                2010-11-02 09:53:12 Info Write started 2202192 sectors to write
                2010-11-02 09:53:12 Info Init success: DVD+R
                2010-11-02 09:53:12 Info Writing speed requested x8.0, effective x8.0
                2010-11-02 09:53:10 Info Available write speed: 8x ,6x ,4x ,2.4x
                2010-11-02 09:53:10 Info Media ID: CMC MAG-M01-00
                2010-11-02 09:53:10 Info Media type: DVD+R
                2010-11-02 09:53:09 Info Scanned files #9, folder #2 - total size 4508964864 b. (4.2 Gb.)
                2010-11-02 09:53:09 Info Inserted media type : DVD+R
                2010-11-02 09:53:04 Info Write started
                2010-11-02 09:43:05 Info Writable disc DVD+R inserted. Ready to write
                2010-11-02 09:43:03 Info Parsing disc ...
                2010-11-02 09:43:01 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
                2010-11-02 09:43:01 Info Drive has IDE-ATAPI physical interface
                2010-11-02 09:43:01 Info New Drive selected : 2:1:0 - TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M 0200 [E] (Scsi)
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info Current Drive selected : 2:1:0 - TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M 0200 [E] (Scsi)
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info System default language : English (United States)
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info User default language : English (United States)
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info DLL Version : 4.0.11.473
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info DLL : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info Version : 8, 0, 3, 2
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info OS : Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)
                2010-11-02 09:41:54 ---- ******************** Log session start 02-Nov 09:41:54.892 PID 5284********************

Comment

Thanks for posting the logs.
                  You have some hurdles to overcome...and don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to beat you up. I just wanna help.

First off, your media is poor quality. CMC is very much a crapshoot and varies widely in quality. While you might get lucky with your burns, you will certainly get unlucky.
                  You also have the issue of the longevity of the media itself. Inferior dyes = shorter life of the disc.
                  CMC is not recommended for video archiving.
                  (Yes, I'm guessing you've been using the CMC and doing "ok")

Please pick up some Verbatim +R discs and be certain the AZO Dye logo is present on the spindle wrapper.
                  This is the good stuff.

You also will benfit hugely by changing burn engines.
                  Click on the link in my sig below entitled:

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together
                  Download Imgburn and watch the video on how to set it up.
                  It's free and much more reliable and configurable.
                  All the mods and most of the "regulars" here use Img.
                  There's also a good chance you'll be able to burn the CMC crap, although even if successful, I still advise going with the verbs.

Slow your burn speed to 4X

You should bitset your +R discs to DVD-ROM

You also have a slimline burner. These are notoriously inferior for video archiving. The exposure to heat wiith the internal slimlines is a big problem
                  You've probably had this one for awhile.

Purchasing an external burner (or an internal and put it in an external enclosure) will be money well spent if you plan on much future burning.
                  This will probably run about $60-70 whether you go external or with an internal/ext enclosure.
                  I'm not suggesting you run out today and buy one....but it'll make life a lot easier.
                  Maybe a Christmas present?

Comment

Hi CarolinaGirl
                    2010-11-02 09:41:54 Info OS : Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)
                    If I also may add to my friend Mainemans advice please update your Vista SP1 to SP2 from Microsoft.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks yall

Comment

Working...
                      X