1st timer with a question/not sure if this is the right place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frank the tank

Along with the excellent advice given buy my friend AGJ please reset your DMA. I see no reference of it in your log, but this time and write speed Total completion time 02:39:49 Avg. burn rate 0.37 tells me there is something wrong.
    To do this Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

thank you agj for your time and help and thank you cbr for any future help youre willing to share.

im going through the motions now. as for my media preference, ive had bad experiences with verbatim. they rip swiftly enough but tend to stop playing after a while and get easily scratched. i normally use sony, memorex and tdk. none are perfect but eh.

the youtube tutorial was too easy (still left room for me to muck up, though). i dl'd the newest fab (i didnt receive the notification of it needing an updating). i will try to burn a dvd after i restart and let you both know the results. hopefully all returns to normal.

Comment

Always great advice from AGJ and CBR929, but a word about DMA.
        Your burner is connected via usb (Windows will "see" the drive as a mass storage device).
        There's no way to enable DMA on an external usb device, but the usb system will still handle DMA transfers.

I've never noticed or heard that verbs scratch more easily, but there are plenty of 'em around
        and some are not the best quality stuff, that's for sure.

I use Taiyo Yuden just about exclusively for SL media.
        The MID I use is YUDEN000 T02. These are +R 8X and the best darn SL media on the planet bar none.
        I know I speak for AGJ as well.

I see you're in the northeast US.
        Try these two online retailers,
        meritline and supermediastore,
        and keep watch for the sales/free shipping.

TY media is now coming with a JVC wrapper, but not to worry.
        TY media is still made by TY. Taiyo Yuden acquired a majority share in JVC in 2008...

Here's a link:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
          Your burner is connected via usb (Windows will "see" the drive as a mass storage device).
          There's no way to enable DMA on an external usb device, but the usb system will still handle DMA transfers.
          Learn something new everyday

Maineman or if anybody else may know.... What do you think would cause this (Total completion time 02:39:49 Avg. burn rate 0.37) I have never seen an average burn rate like this if 8X was selected....
          CBR929

frank the tank
          Have you ever tried to burn with your internal drive???
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Maineman or if anybody else may know.... What do you think would cause this (Total completion time 02:39:49 Avg. burn rate 0.37) I have never seen an average burn rate like this if 8X was selected....
            CBR929
            AGJ and you have pretty much covered it...at least up to what we now know

Dump the crap media and pick up some quality stuff (TY and/or verbs as suggested).
            Dump VSO, install Img and set up as instructed along with the Automatic Write Speed option.

It's darn peculiar that the issue seems to occur intermittently.
            Heck, maybe the burner is going, maybe cabling, an erratic power source, etc.,...who knows??

Some system specs might be useful if the advice already given doesn't do it, but my money's on the advice you guys already gave.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
            X