X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
    When you have problems with a DVD....
    I am having trouble now with Star Trek, will try it later with pathplayer disabled.

Yes I have the latest version of DVDFab, and other DVDs have worked okay, including Transformers earlier today.

Comment

As has been said before on this forum, this title (R4 AUS) can be ripped to "Main Movie" by disabling Pathplayer and selecting title 21.
      Just tried that, doesn't work.

Comment

Hello, I live in Portugal and today I try copy Star Trek and I think it worked for me. First I open the movie with a pc dvdplayer e put the movie in play to see what is the correct TITLE, next go to DVDFAB 6.1.2.5, disable PathPlayer, choose CUSTOM (but maybe work well in Main Movie) and select the TITLE that show in Pc DvdPlayer, and I can copy the movie with Menus, please try and tell something. Thanks.
        Last edited by brunomegas; 11-04-2009, 12:42 AM.

Comment

brunomegas, you did it the correct way. You can do it from the main movie part, you just have to be sure to check the title number that showed up when it played in the DVD Player and make sure all others are unchecked. You won't get the menus or anything, but the movie part should be fine. I did it this way for Transformers before the update came out.
          Into abyss
          You don't exist
          Cannot resist
          The Judas kiss
          Judas lives recite this vow
          I've become your new god now

Comment

As has been said before on this forum, this title (R4 AUS) can be ripped to "Main Movie" by disabling Pathplayer and selecting title 21.
            I tried numerous times, no luck.

Eventually got it, but with pathplayer enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemiser View Post
              brunomegas, you did it the correct way. You can do it from the main movie part, you just have to be sure to check the title number that showed up when it played in the DVD Player and make sure all others are unchecked. You won't get the menus or anything, but the movie part should be fine. I did it this way for Transformers before the update came out.
              How (and when) do you check the title number for the Main Movie when playing in your player (I have a Pana BD35)?

Comment

Don't know about the Pana but on most players the title # is usually displayed on the LED display to the left of the elapsed time.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Pretty much hit the "Title" button on the remote and it should show on either the screen (like mine does) or the LCD Display on the front. You do this as soon as the movie starts.
                  Into abyss
                  You don't exist
                  Cannot resist
                  The Judas kiss
                  Judas lives recite this vow
                  I've become your new god now

Comment

Hi there !

Once the dvd is ripped on the PC, but with incorrect order for chapters, is it possible to put them back in the right order ?

It looks like even in a chapter after 10 seconds, I have the images from another chapter (like 2 chapters mixed) - is it possible ?

Many Thanks !

Comment

Appears to have cloned OK with Pathplayer set to "Enable Pathplayer When Necessary" with v6.1.2.5.
                      I haven't watched the back up, just flicked through the chapters.
                      Took about 10 mins to analyze disc, reported 23 potential bad sectors, 610 unplayable cells.
                      Main Movie title 21 works also.
                      Full disc doesn't - during analyzing got "Task_1 failed! Error = 401 with Pathplayer on. With Pathplayer off "Error while reading" during analyzing.
                      Both "Full Disc" & "Main Movie" show DVD5 Quality: 11% (38.993 GB -> 4472 MB);
                      (also) DVD9 Quality: 20% (38.993 GB -> 8152 MB) [yes gigabytes].
                      Noticed while playing original disc with PowerDVD7 the Chapters list was non functional and showed over 30 chapters when there are about 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordo View Post
                        I recently backed up the Main Movie only of Star Trek 2009 (Region 4 - Australia).
                        DVDFab (v6.0.2.2) took ages (10 - 15minutes) to read the DVD but eventually came up with the necessary files.
                        Ripping appeared to go fine.
                        I then burnt using ImgBurn.
                        However, when watching the movie, all the chapters are jumbled.

Has anyone experienced this, or can explain what happened or how to overcome it?
                        I'm using ver 6.1.2.5, and the Paramount DVD ‘Star Trek’ is Region 4. I'm from Australia.

It takes approximately 7 mins to read/open the disc, I believe as a result of 97 Titles, of which 26 titles contain the movie. Within these titles, the chapters are jumble up. Only one title contains the correct chapter order i.e. title 21. This is the ONLY title that can be ripped for the correct movie chapter.

I'm unable to rip the Full disc. The disc reads as 38.993 GB (like a Blu Ray disc), but in fact it is a 7.127 GB dual layer DVD disc. Anyone able to rip the FULL Disc?.
                        Last edited by leeroy; 11-06-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Just a quick contribution...
                          The DVD main title seems to rip fine (using "Enable Pathplayer When Necessary").
                          The main title track in Sweden is 20 not 21...

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                            Just a quick contribution...
                            The DVD main title seems to rip fine (using "Enable Pathplayer When Necessary").
                            The main title track in Sweden is 20 not 21...
                            Thanks Gabriel.
                            I've just returned the original Star Trek DVD back to the Video Shop.

I've set my Pathplayer to "Enable Pathplayer When Necessary" for any DVD ripping onwards.
                            Last edited by leeroy; 11-07-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leeroy View Post
                              Thanks Gabriel.
                              I've just returned the original Star Trek DVD back to the Video Shop.

I've set my Pathplayer to "Enable Pathplayer When Necessary" for any DVD ripping onwards.
                              I've just returned the original Star Trek DVD back to the Video Shop??
                              i thought you wern't supposed to copy rental dvd's??? only the ones you bought.

Comment

The Video Shop from where he bought it I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                                X