This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB program shutting down

Still haven't found any answers regarding my program shutting down. It happens (usually) right after it opens dvd source. It says it is sending a request to windows for an answer, but nothing. I have also sent all information that I had to Ada at DVDidle, but she keeps telling me to update the program, disarm my security, or disinstall and then reinstall, all of wich I have already done by the time I contact her. I posted something on here a couple of weeks ago, but I was told to check the help section (which I did) and to send a copy of the program files which I tried, but as the program shuts down before reading it I'm not sure what help this is. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. It happens with nearly every other movie that I try to back up.

Please post the logs so that we can review them. The logs should be in Documents, then DVDFab. Are you trying to open a blu-ray or a standard dvd? What is the name of the movie? The logs will help us help you.

Comment

shuts down too soon

The program often shuts down before the disc has opened. I posted some logs in a previous posting, but no one got back to me. I am using dvd and some of the titles include, Come Back Little Sheba, The Hobbit, Return of the King (animated),Little Woman (1932), and quite a few others.
      Last edited by sassyascanbe14; 11-03-2009, 04:53 AM.

Comment

sassyascanbe14, try this: go into common settings by clicking the green check mark at the top, then click preview(s), change it from the default to internal, restart the program and give it a try.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help. Just tried burning the Hous of Wax from 1953 and it shut down again. I have attached the logs but don't know how helpful it is. Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

With no disc in your DVD drive open up DVDFab. Then go into common settings green circle with check mark at top of splash screen and Disable pathplayer and then restart DVDFab and then try a DVD to see if it still closes
            Last edited by AGJ; 11-04-2009, 06:36 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

If still no luck with disabling pathplayer, you can still send the info even if Fab doesn't open the disc. With Fab open insert DVD into drive and as soon as Fab starts scanning hit cancel, then ope settings and click the "send info files" tab. Fill out the form that opens and include a link to this thread in the additional info box at the bottom with a short description of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                If still no luck with disabling pathplayer, you can still send the info even if Fab doesn't open the disc. With Fab open insert DVD into drive and as soon as Fab starts scanning hit cancel, then ope settings and click the "send info files" tab. Fill out the form that opens and include a link to this thread in the additional info box at the bottom with a short description of the problem.
                Yes that can be done but these are old movies and Pathplayer is not needed for them in order for DVDFab to work on them

Comment

Very true and disabling pathplayer should work.

Comment

Thank you

I will try all your suggestions and hopefully one will work. I am fairly new to the computer world and greatly appreciate all of your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X