Problem with the subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the subtitles

I would appreciate if someone had any idea or any suggestion as far as the problem mentioned below concerns:

I use DVDFab platinum 3 for over 3 years now succeeding to copy all DVD’s i wanted to. Last week, having purchased my new home media center p.c. and trying to “rip” my DVDs’ in order to archive them on the hard disk, I used the “generic option” trying to convert the DVDs’ into .avi files (I don’t know if this is the best solution but I can’t figure out any better one). When the DVD had been analyzed and looking down and to the right of the application screen, I deselected all subtitles languages I didn’t want to include, preserving only the one I wanted the .avi file to contain (Greek subtitles). As many times as I tried to, the .avi file that was produced didn’t include the subtitles in the desired language but some other language I’m sure I had deselect. The only time I succeeded, the only thing I’ve done in a different way was that I had chosen the option for “only one pass” as far as the conversion concerns.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? I would really appreciate any ideas….

Thank you in advance.

Well, DVDFab Platinum 3 is extremely old. We're on version 8 at the moment. You should try updating to the newest version you can with your key, as I don't believe that old of a version will get very much support here. Good luck.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer. It's true that my version is a very old one but ...i must admit I’m kind of scared a bit of the update process……anyway ….i think it’s time to do it…..

Comment

If you have DVDFab Platinum 3 then it must be a Lifetime key and may as well give you a lifetime key for both DVDFab DVD Copy and DVDFab DVD Ripper which is the same as what you have now but named differently.

go to the DVDFab website and join the members area using the email that was used when you purchased DVDFab Platinum to see what you have. Here link to the register page http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm?a=register&t=per

As for your issue with sub-titles de-select all sub-titles and then select the sub-title you want to keep then try a conversion to see if correct sub-title selected also you only need to do like a 10 minute conversion to know if correct sub-title shows. Not sure if that how you had to do as DVDFab Platinum 3 is about 4 to 5 years old now

Comment

i would like to thank you for your answer and suggestions (i didn't know that i was able to do a "10 min conversion" (?) as up till now i've been waiting for the whole conversion to take place () in order to find out if the correct subtitle is shown).

Thank you again for your time and answer .

Comment

I don't know if this is the correct section of the forum but....i tried to do what AGJ suggested to me about the registration page (truing to retrieve my password as more than 3 years have passed) and a message showed up saying : " verification failed" or something like this.....The funny thing is that i have in front off me the original e-mail containing my key.....anyway.....kind of complicated....

Comment

Originally posted by NBJOGA View Post
              i didn't know that i was able to do a "10 min conversion"
              Yeah you can start the conversion and then cancel it at anytime during the conversion but do not delete the unfinished conversion choose to keep it. If it does what you want then restart and finish

Originally posted by NBJOGA View Post
              I don't know if this is the correct section of the forum but....i tried to do what AGJ suggested to me about the registration page (truing to retrieve my password as more than 3 years have passed) and a message showed up saying : " verification failed" or something like this.....The funny thing is that i have in front off me the original e-mail containing my key.....anyway.....kind of complicated....
              No you not Retrieve the password as you not register yet so no password was added since you not join to add password. Register first with the email address used to buy DVDFab with. Then you will be sent email to that address I think and you can continue the registration and add password to access member page

Comment

Dear AGJ.....thank you very much for your answer !

Comment

Working...
                X