Just can't rip on Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just can't rip on Windows 7

Ive recently bought a Windows 7 laptop - a HP - and initially, DVDFab worked fine. But a few weeks after it stopped ripping discs completely. I've tried multiple versions of the software and it does the same thing every time.
    The disc information is loaded and I can get as far as clicking 'start' but the task time elapsed/left sticks at 0 and the ripping never gets past 0% no matter how long I leave it for. Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Does this happen with all movies?

Did you install DVDFab as Administrator ?

Are you running the software as Administrator?

What mode are you using.. Full disk - Movie only - ?

Post as much of the details as you can to help find the problem.

Comment

Its happened with every disc I've tried, most recently trying Modern Family season 1, Toy Story 3 and the OC season 1. All of those are by different companies so I know that's not the issue. I'm the only user of the laptop so I'm pretty sure I'm administrator.
      I'm using dvdfab to mobile for iPod and just choosing the film. It opens the "source" F drive fine; loads a list of everything on the disc. I can tick the ones I want and then when I click start, the clock starts ticking up for how much time has elapsed, but the actual rip doesn't happen. Tried it earlier as a "General" output and that didn't work either.

Comment

Yo whozit

If you are using the internal drive on the laptop try it with an external drive, the slim type drives used in laptops are not very good or recommended when doing video ripping/burning due to heat related issues that can occur, so I recommend a external drive/burner for laptops.

SJ

Comment

Thanks for the idea SJ. I tried outputting the vide to my external harddrive but had no joy, again the percentage never gets going.
          I can't work out what the problem is! I've never had this problem on my old Vista laptop or XP desktop.

Comment

SJ was not referring to your hard drive but to your reader/burner.
            Do you have an external DVD burner/reader to try?

Comment

Ah right. I don't have one but I'll get one this week, was planning to try it on my old computer (broken drive lens) but will try it on this first.

Comment

The internal and process logs would be nice to have. They located in document-dvdfab-log. Just post the most recent ones for the tries you have problem with also can you give more details as to what does not work for you.

You mentioned you are using DVDFab DVD Ripper to convert to iPod but you posted this in the DVDFab DVD Copy section. Please explain a little better so you get the correct help you need

Comment

Originally posted by whozit View Post
                  Ah right. I don't have one but I'll get one this week, was planning to try it on my old computer (broken drive lens) but will try it on this first.
                  I was talking about a external DVD drive/burner not an external HDD, I will let the others give you the help

Comment

Working...
                  X