M2TS Audio Issues - Prince of Persia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) M2TS Audio Issues - Prince of Persia

When I use Blu Ray Ripper on Prince of Persia to get an M2TS file, I get no audio. I click off the DTS HD and just try for AC3 and nothing. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and ver 8.05 software. Here is a copy of the log:

DVDFab 8.0.5.0 (2010/11/24 11:03:23)

0m 00.64s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 0
    0m 03.91s: detected blu-ray
    0m 03.91s: drive K
    0m 03.91s: blu-ray type 1
    0m 03.91s: volume label PRINCEOFPERSIA_USASIM
    0m 05.00s: root 8CCE5D5F542BD403_VOLUME_SET_ID:PRINCEOFPERSIA_USAS IM:PRINCEOFPERSIA_USASIM:PRINCEOFPERSIA_USASIM
    0m 06.63s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    0m 07.87s: got discinfo
    0m 08.11s: got bdmv
    0m 08.11s: got agid 1
    0m 08.19s: sent host cert chal
    0m 08.19s: got drive cert chal
    0m 08.26s: got drive key
    0m 08.28s: got host key signature
    0m 08.28s: verified drive signature
    0m 08.28s: verified host signature
    0m 08.39s: sent host signature and key point
    0m 08.39s: got bus key
    0m 08.39s: got volume id
    0m 08.39s: got volume id mac
    0m 08.39s: volume id is correct
    0m 08.39s: got vid
    0m 08.48s: blu-ray 524AD9CC6F216837E4EA874FECA1FD6BC20952BD
    0m 09.17s: D 6A7358E0
    0m 09.17s: got vuk
    0m 09.25s: got unit key 7
    0m 23.85s: got extended bdinfo
    1m 29.29s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 29.29s: create config(5)
    1m 29.29s: convert profile(m2ts.passthrough)
    1m 29.29s: blu-ray playlist(800) angle(0) chapter(1->21)
    1m 29.29s: stream(4113,AVC,0) stream(4353,AC3,0)
    1m 29.35s: processing source(00456.m2ts)
    50m 15.00s:

I never get an error like many of the posts reflect. I have used DVD Ripper for VOB and it has worked flawlessly with my PS3 (Through PS3 Media Server). Any help would be great. I am trying for the best possible picture quality (not concerned with HD Space - not an issue) and I understand M2TS is my best choice.

If that is incorrect, pleasse let me know.

Thanks,

Darren

Hi dlwyatt
    Please use MediaInfo to see the M2TS file whether or not have Audio;or play M2TS file with MPC Player.
    Good luck.
    Joe

Comment

Thanks for the help. I found I do have the audio but when I play in Windows Media Player I have video with no sound. When I play with MPC Play I have audio but no video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for the help.

Darren

Comment

I think it's player's issue,i used MPC 6.4.9.1(revision 107),or have a try with VLC Player,all fine for me.
        good luck.
        Joe

Comment

I am not sure what was happening but I was able to fix it. I found if DTS is the only stream option (AC3 was an SAP audio track that was for the blind), then if I convert to MKV it worked. If AC3 is available, it works great (Kung Fu Panda worked perfectly). I also had to review PS3 Media settings. I found I have MPC 4.9 but it does not say there is an update so that appears to be the issue.

I cannot thank you all enough for the help. This site is awesome!!

Darren

Comment

audio issues

I'm still pretty new to this program but I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best settings to get the blu-ray discs to rip to my HDD (main movie and full disc please) without having the audio track be the visually impaired or foreign language. I can't seem to track down the correct settings and I would greatly appreciate some help. (Size is not an issue, video qual is)

Thanks,
            Orion

Comment

So, Darren, did you decide not to rip to M2TS? What did you have to change on the PS3? I'm in the same situation. Mediainfo says my M2TS has DTS-MA but PS3 doesn't recognise it. Picture is great though!
              Stuart

Originally posted by dlwyatt View Post
              I am not sure what was happening but I was able to fix it. I found if DTS is the only stream option (AC3 was an SAP audio track that was for the blind), then if I convert to MKV it worked. If AC3 is available, it works great (Kung Fu Panda worked perfectly). I also had to review PS3 Media settings. I found I have MPC 4.9 but it does not say there is an update so that appears to be the issue.

I cannot thank you all enough for the help. This site is awesome!!

Darren

Comment

I rip all of my movies in M2TS format if the primary audio source is not DTS. They work great. If DTS is the primary audio, I check the "remove HD Audio" box below the audio selection, leave the audio as DTS, and convert to MKV. I also deselect all subtitles.

To play it on PS3MS, under the tab transcoding Settings - Common transcode settings (top level) I have:

Transcode buffer at max (600)
                Number of Audio channels - 6 channels 5.1
                Next 3 boxes - not selected

It is that simple and it works great. I did need to close then re-open PS3MS one time because something happened and it would not play the mkv files (worked fine after that).

Hope this helps!

Darren

Comment

Working...
                X