Older movie Rendition.. can't rip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Older movie Rendition.. can't rip

I bought the movie yesterday and tried ripping it yesterday. The title selected is the longest track, but it is one of the Bonus features.. The actual movie is title1.

Others mentioned a problem with this movie (using FabCopy, but with a similar slant) and there didn't seem to be a solution (of course I searched the forum). Note I have not and am not indicating that this is a NEW copy protection on a movie from 2008.. but, it seems to be similar to what was reported about The Last Airbender in that the times/files are reported incorrectly or what not.

the Ripper will rip the selected title 20 without a problem, but its not the movie. It will also rip title one, which is the movie, but with nothing in it. So it shows a successful rip

Here are some screen shots... one from DvDRipper, another from DvD-Decrypter (in conjunction with PassKey) just showing the 00:00:00 length of the vob files or PGC's, and the DVD files in explorer.

I'll rip it again and submit logs (for what they'll be worth in this situation) in a following post.

I'll give version 7 a shot also and see what happens
    Attached Files

DVDFab occasionally has issues with poorly authored content. You might try using re-author mode on the old DVD Shrink (google it) and create a new DVD folder or ISO for the main movie only. DVD Ripper should then be able to create the file you need.

Comment

more shots

Ahhh, here's something else that I didn't notice the first time around as I was just looking at file sizes and not filenames... check out the IFO's of VTS_08

08 doesn't show up (not Title8 anyway) in the Ripper and definitely not all Decrypter... perhaps that's where the movie actually is...

More screen shots from explorer and the Ripper. The movie itself seems to be hidden/disguised. It definitely is there and does play but the ripper isn't able to find it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
        DVDFab occasionally has issues with poorly authored content. You might try using re-author mode on the old DVD Shrink (google it) and create a new DVD folder or ISO for the main movie only. DVD Ripper should then be able to create the file you need.
        Thanks, I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
        X