Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Have Experience of ripping Lord of the rings SE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Anyone Have Experience of ripping Lord of the rings SE?

Hi All,

Im trying to rip my LOTRO collection, the Special Edition thats split over 2 DVD's

First one is fine - however, the 2nd one seems to have two identical tracks, that look the same, sound the same, are the same length....

Im all confused!

Without watching through the whole 1.5 hours in the small window, has anyone done this before?
    Last edited by AlexHaden; 11-27-2010, 01:59 PM. Reason: Forgot my thanks ;-)

If it rips and plays (either one, if the same size,etc), it's cool. I've seen that a number of times..

The way I handle these "split" disks is to make sure they are ripped with identical setting (be sure), and then join them together with VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod (an older program.. just do a google search). There are many third party programs to use but if you want to combine the vids into one, you will need one. I use VirtualDub simply because it's a great program, it was already on my computer and I already know how to use it.

easy instructions here:

You can use the "Merge" feature of DvDFab and merge the two disks into one - and THEN rip it sometimes that works GREAT -- and sometimes it doesn't..

If you need to join the subtitles (I hate embedding subs) you can join them easily with VobSob using the 'Joiner' feature. VobSub has no documentation but is pretty straight forward.. one caveat, if you're using Vista or Win 7, vobsub will install its .dll into the wrong directory (I can't remember where at the moment but I think I can figure it out if you need) and you will need to move it over to the windows/system32 folder.

Comment

Working...
    X