No announcement yet.

A 100% WDTV BluRay rip? (from True HD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) A 100% WDTV BluRay rip? (from True HD)

I've looked over the forum searching thru the wdtv threads but still am having problems with DVDFab BluRay Ripper.

I have a WDTV Live unit with DTS support. My receiver is DTS capable but it seems hit and miss as the WTDV/Receiver seems very stubborn with some DTS files.

Anyways, sticking with AC3 seems always to work and thats usually my target.

I'm starting to get a good collection of BluRays and recently have been running into a lot with Pro True HD? sound etc. Since the WDTV/receiver doesn't seem to like it I select the first English AC3 Audio file and cross my fingers. The problem is that this file ends up be a commentary track lots of time.

I've tried ripping to mkv and then using the Popcorn Audio Convertor but that refuses some codecs also.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to get into the mux/remux stuff and hope for sync in the end?

As a "Stereo Newbie" I appreciate any help thrown my way even if it just a URL sending me in the right direction.

Thanks guys! (and gals).

Please select AC3/5.1 channel

Since the WDTV/receiver doesn't seem to like it I select the first English AC3 Audio file and cross my fingers. The problem is that this file ends up be a commentary track lots of time.
    Hi, Raycaster,

Please select AC3/5.1 channel to see the result, as AC3/2 is always the 2nd channel commentary.

Sincerely Yours
    Malcolm Wang

Comment

Originally posted by Raycaster View Post
      My receiver is DTS capable but it seems hit and miss as the WTDV/Receiver seems very stubborn with some DTS files.
      Raycaster, unfortunately it's a known issue with some of the receivers. I do have two home entertainment sets with identical WDTVs but different receivers. On of receivers never ever showed me any fingers, while another one, once in a while with certain DTS, showed me a "strange behavior" - same as yours.

Anyways, sticking with AC3 seems always to work and thats usually my target.
      In rearest cases, with LPCM main audio stream, video may also contain DTS and AC3 in a same "bottle". Otherwise, there are never, ever any content, ever mastered with both DTS and AC3 formats of a main feature audio stream. If you have content with DTS and DTS MA audio, don't bother finding "easy to chew" alternative format - it's never there.

I've tried ripping to mkv and then using the Popcorn Audio Convertor but that refuses some codecs also.
      MKV - good move, Popocorn - bad move. There are bunch of good, freeware converters. My favorite is Xvid4PSP. It's free - google it. You can do more than audio convertion with that little elf.
      However, In your case I would suggest something different:
      (a) convert your content and pack it into MKV container using DVDFab (either "remux" or h264.audiocopy), select "remove HD audio" in settings.
      (b) Download and install (it's also freeware, google it) HdBrStreamExtractor
      (c) Take your source content (Blu-ray or whatever) and extract main feature audiostream. Select any output format you want - I suppose AC3
      (d) Download and install MKVmerge (also free, google is your friend)
      (e) Load your mkv you've got (see (a) above), load your audiostream you have extracted following (c) and mux all of them together.
      As a result, you will have perfect MKV with two formats (AC3 and DTS) main audiostream you can select in WDTV menu.
      Enjoy.
      Last edited by IPopov50; 12-02-2010, 03:28 AM.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thank you for the well thought out replies.

Exactly what I needed.

Comment

Working...
        X