Remove HD Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Remove HD Audio

How exactly does the "Remove HD Audio" feature operate?

For example, if I use it to copy a BD that shows only one HD soundtrack (nothing else), will I end up getting no sound?

Originally posted by bearlight View Post
    How exactly does the "Remove HD Audio" feature operate?
    It operates exactly how it sounds - removing HD audio.

For example, if I use it to copy a BD that shows only one HD soundtrack (nothing else), will I end up getting no sound?
    absolutely not

Well, in very simple and short terms: HD audio (e.g. DTS MA) have core component - DTS and HD overhead that makes aurio "richer" and "thicker". That overhead requires a lot of room on your HDD and have very high bitrate, that most of "low end" equipment can not handle.
    Anyway, just select "remove HD audio" and enjoy the ride...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi bearlight
      Please click the link: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=9093
      we'll fix it asap.
      Joe

Comment

Removing HD Audio

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
        It operates exactly how it sounds - removing HD audio.

absolutely not

Well, in very simple and short terms: HD audio (e.g. DTS MA) have core component - DTS and HD overhead that makes audio "richer" and "thicker". That overhead requires a lot of room on your HDD and have very high bitrate, that most of "low end" equipment can not handle.

Anyway, just select "remove HD audio" and enjoy the ride...
        Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually, all I wanted was to remove the HD audio for one of the reasons you stated - it takes up too much space on a disc.

In any case, I copied the movie that had the one and only HD audio (I mean it, just one track - nothing else!) and was able to fit it into a 25 GB disc.

PROBLEM is the same one I encountered with another disc I had removed the HD audio from. During playback, it freezes on and off while the first couple of scenes play (about 10 to 15 minutes worth) then works fine for the rest of the film without any problems.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Comment

Working...
        X