Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD-MKV-Audiocopy Profile-No Sound

Hey gang,

First post, on only found one post referring to Power DVD regarding BD rip w/o a response and he was actually ripping it to a different format anyway.

I'm in my infancy of doing this stuff, so here's the skinny:

Win 7 64bit, nVidia GT 240 with latest driver, latest DVDFab BDrip to MKV using the Audiocopy (both the remux and the .h264 profiles, tried both profiles for the heck of it).

I then open Power DVD 10 3D version and goto video, navigate to the MKV file I just created and add it to my play list and play the file and the video is great, but there's no sound. Additionally, what I can't check right now is putting this on a USB thumbdrive and slapping into my LG BD 570 because it hasn't shipped yet

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    motleypixel

Originally posted by motleypixel View Post
    I then open Power DVD 10 3D version and goto video, navigate to the MKV file I just created and add it to my play list and play the file and the video is great, but there's no sound.
    Hi Motleypixel,

1.Please use another player such as MPC to see the result.

2.Please tell us which audio stream you have chosen if you still can not get the sound.

Comment

Thanks, I've never tried MPC, is this it? http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

[img]http:\\www.motleypixel.com\public\posts\audio.jpg[/img]
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, MPC-HC is the one you found at http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/.

Could you please check the option "remove HD audio", then convert with mkv.remux profile to see if you can get the output file playing with audio and video completely?

Sincerely,
        Sunny
        ________
        Toyota sienta history
        Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Okay here's the update:

MPC plays both the BD-Rip copyaudioh264 AND the remux and check remove HD audio.

Power DVD 10 (latest update applied a few days ago) doesn't play audio for spiderman 3 bd-rip copyaudioh264 profile but does play audio fine for BBC planet earth bd-rip copyaudioh264 profile.

Power DVD 10 DOES play audio for spiderman 3 bd-rip using the remux profile and check remove HD audio...this is good BUT...

I noticed that the remux profile doesn't let you set the bitrate/size and thus resulted in a 27gb mkv file, whereas the copyaudioh264 profile lets you set the bitrate/size and I'm liking the ~ 10gig file size for quality vs. size.

I suppose I have a few questions now:

1. Which is more compliant for playback, then copyaudioh264 profile or the remux with remove HD audio checked?

2. Is there a way to compress more using the remux profile?

Thanks!

Comment

You are obviously not understanding things yet.

Both are compliant.

It just depend how compliant that your hardware or software player is with the audio streams that are present. This can be augmented by the installation of codecs.

There can be no compression on a "remux' because by definition, it uses the strams present on the original UNCHANGED.

Invest some time learning the terminology and you will have a better understanding of what is happening.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Well one thing's for sure, you and I both agree on BEER!

Anyway, yes, tis true, like I said, I'm in my infancy in doing this stuff (well this ripping BD stuff for sure). I do shoot some HD video with my Canon 5D Mark II and do some editing in Premier/After-Effects and publish to HD MP4 and DVD...Wedding stuff. But, that said, my goal is to make the most efficient and compliant (compliant is a loaded word...meaning other things such as longevity...for an MKV to play today via DNLA streaming to my LG BD 570 and not say 6 months from now isn't compliant enough for me). I just hope the MKV sticks like MP3 has.

So enough of that, I did another test with the h264audiocopy profile and checked remove HD audio and that worked and I made a 6gb file of the Spiderman 3 BD and on my computer it looks great. Now I will make several flavors of these tests and copy them to my USB HD and when I get my LB BD 570 in I will test to see which one works best.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X