No announcement yet.

Default profile's don't have 1080?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Default profile's don't have 1080?

Hey guys. Tried out ripping the new Avatar Extended edition, and noticed that most of the known used codec formats don't have 1920x1080 default in them, they start at like 1680x946, in all AVI, MKV (only gives 1920x1080 using direct copy, deviating from THAT also drops to lower resolution modes.), and doing MP4 looks bad to me (used 2 pass, choose final size, and used 135000MB for size, which should be MORE then enough since a few movies in 1080 i've got from a friend are around same length, also action and look 2 time's better AT LEAST, but bare in mind i have no issues going higher for this particular movie if needed.) has artifacts overall when any motion that is noticable to me.

Is there a reason that most of the profiles don't show higher then 1680x946 other then MKV (using mkv.remux profile ONLY), and MP4 (which looks BAD to me over all.)??? I know i could edit them or something, but wondered if i'm missing something as to why they would include 1920x1080 resolutions out of the box. Even PS3 and Xbox360 profile's don't have them, and surely they both play them fine (both mine do.)

Or is it just Bluray ripper to file mode's that behave this way? I remember converting avatar ripped files in the past in 1080 with the first version (or say my friend did at least at his house while i was there.) I am using the newest of course version of DVDFab (Version 8.0.5.3)
    Last edited by djdafreund; 12-03-2010, 10:33 PM.
    SVN :

If you are referring to DVD's here, you should not be upscaling at all but stick with the original resolution ~720 x XXX otherwise a lack of quality & artifacts will occur.

Leave it to your hardware to do it.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yeah, i am using bluray. I didn't think Avatar Extended edition was released on DVD format, but i should've mentioned that since not everyone would know that. Sorry. Also, i know in the past i grabbed my friend's ripped files (for testing purposes) he grabbed for me from his normal Avatar bluray, and converted those to WMV and it showed 1920x1080 in the list. So i assume it doesn't give this resolution setting just when using Bluray to file mode only?
      Last edited by djdafreund; 12-03-2010, 10:35 PM.
      SVN :

Comment

Working...
      X