Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set video pass through and AAC audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) How do I set video pass through and AAC audio?

I'm trying to create a new profile...I want the video copied exactly (pass through) but I want AAC audio. I can't change the audio and video formats; I can only use your existing profiles. I looked at your help pages, and they do not discuss how to create a new profile.

I have 8.0.5.0.

Thank you.

To create a profile, you would need to copy an existing text XML file and create a new one in the DVDFab program directory (profiles2 subdirectory).

I'm not sure what you are trying to do exactly. DVDFab does not support more than one audio stream in the output file if that is what you are trying to do.

Comment

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

When I rip to mkv, if I select mkv.remux, it passes through the video and audio unchanged. I want to pass through the video unchanged, but convert the audio to aac. I only need one audio stream.

I have a playback device that only supports aac audio. I'm trying to preserve the video exactly as it was originally recorded.

I created the below profile, but in dvdfab it shows video options, even though the profile shows it should just copy it unchanged. Is what I want possible?

Thank you.

<profile name="mkv.remux2" type= "5" version="300" device="mkv" tag="dvdfab,default" description="" >
      <common>
      <file format="mkv"/>
      <audio codec="aac" >
      <freq value="48000" list="44100,48000" />
      <bitrate value="96000" list="96000,128000,160000" />
      <volume percent="150" />
      </audio>
      <video copy="1" />
      </common>
      </profile>

Comment

"Remux" is by definition a passthrough so I don't think that you'll be able to do what you want.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ah... you want an MKV.videocopy.AAC profile. I'd like to see something similar to convert HD and DTS audio to AC3 while leaving the video stream untouched. This isn't available in DVDFab (yet?).

Comment

Yes, that's exactly what I want. Please keep the feature request on file...

Thank you.

Seth

Comment

Working...
            X