Easy Question About Blu-Ray Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Easy Question About Blu-Ray Ripper

I have a newbie question I'm sure which will be easy for someone to answer.

I currently have DVDfab DVD copier and ripper activated. I want to be able to rip Blu-Ray discs to my CPU hard drive as MKV files. My questions are:

1. Do I only need to purchase Blu-Ray Ripper and that's all? That program will rip from my Blu-Ray drive to the CPU? Any other program needed?

2. Does the program rip files to 1080p?

3. What's the difference between Blu-Ray Ripper and Passkey for Blu-Ray.

Thanks.

BD Ripper would work but I recommend getting the lifetime license for both Copy and Ripper (with the package discount) to give yourself more flexability. (FYI, I am just a volunteer here so I'm not just telling you this to get you to spend more money.)

The MKV.remux output option will rip the content from the BD as-is so you would have 1080p in that case. All DVDFab products are try-before-you-buy so you can make sure it does what you need.

BD Ripper creates files from a BD. Passkey for BD removes copy protection so that other programs can access the BD in the drive.

Comment

Well the reason I want BDripper is because I want to rip my movies to file for a HTPC. I don't plan on copying any BD. So I would only need BD ripper and not BD passkey right?

Comment

Originally posted by Urbecrisch View Post
        Well the reason I want BDripper is because I want to rip my movies to file for a HTPC. I don't plan on copying any BD. So I would only need BD ripper and not BD passkey right?
        I was recommending both in case you want to batch process. You would use BD Copy on several discs to hard drive folders and then use BD Ripper and setup a queue of ripping tasks to work overnight. This is only useful if you are doing compression which may take a while.

Comment

Working...
        X