Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Best Practice for ripping blurays

Hi All, new here!

Was just wondering what the best practice for ripping disks to mkv (compressed) was.

I have currently just be using the rip from disk to mkv function, but this seems to take 10 - 15 hours and I'm worried about the drive getting overused!

Would it be better to copy the disc to a folder, then re-encode that to an mkv?

Any help is much appreciated.

You are right

Would it be better to copy the disc to a folder, then re-encode that to an mkv?
    Hi, sHo0sH,

Yeah, always copy the movie to your HDD, then, use the folder as source to do conversion, which will save you much wear and tear.

Sincerely Yours
    Malcolm Wang

Comment

1. Use Blu-Ray Copy and copy full disc to HDD.
      2. I prefer MKV as well... select Blu-Ray Ripper to MKV
      3. Use source folder to select HDD location for copied movie.
      4. Set Target folder somewhere on HDD.
      5. Select mkv.h264.audiocopy profile for compression

Simple predefined MKV profile and provides good results. Adjust bitrate and 1-pass or 2-pass if you wish to tweak.

Comment

Best practices continued

Sorry if this is considered hijacking but it is related...

I am new to the whole concept of ripping DVD's and Blue-Rays.

Here is what I want to do; I want to get my DVD or Blue-Ray movies off the disc and onto my HDD to be watched on my PC using Windows Media Center or Media Player Classic Home Theater.

What DVDFab software do I need to accomplish this?

Comment

Use DVDfab's DVD Copy or Bluray Copy to create a full copy and decrypt DVD or Bluray Movie to Disc without compression. Format generally requires DVD or Bluray player software for playback.... such as VLC or Media Player Classic. Copying is quick and easy but requires a lot of hard disc space.

If you wish to encode/transcode the DVD or Bluray to a single smaller file (compressed) than you will need DVD Ripper and/or Bluray Ripper.

Comment

Thanks for your help on this guys, just did an upgrade and am now getting through the discs a lot quicker too, can't believe the jump in speed from a core 2 @3.2ghz to an i7 @ 2.6ghz - Encode on audiocopy is now about 2-4 hours instead of 10 - 15 previously!

Comment

Working...
            X