Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.5.6: Combing Artefacts on iPad / deinterlace doesn't work properly

I try to convert a DVD (ISO image on hard disk) with TV interlaced material to the iPod. I use the DVD Ripper / iPad profile to do this, and select the "Deinterlace" checkbox before starting the conversion.

I tried with both CUDA and Software only encoding (decode is "Software" anyway), the result is the same.

The result is not satisfactory: I see a lot of combing artifacts / jagged edges when I watch the resulting m4v file on the iPad.

Either the deinterlacer doesn't work, or it performs the deinterlace with a poor algorithm (such as simply merging the two half images). Most material needs some sort of motion adaptive deinterlacer to produce an acceptable result.

Is there a way to improve this?

Update to my own post:

In another Thread I found the recommendation to add a line to the profile:
    <deinterlace mode="1" method="0"/> (method can be 0, 1, 2 or 3).

This works on my system! It doesn't matter what I set for the "method", though, all numbers 0-3 look the same to me.

-> It appears as if the "Deinterlace" checkbox from the GUI is ignored and hence the deinterlacer doesn't kick in unless it is forced via the profile.

Regards, Martin

Comment

Working...
    X