Audio track question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Audio track question

Quick question... just backed up my first Blu Ray and noticed that when I play the MKV in TMT5 it lists the audio track as "DTS", although I used the profile "mkv.h264.audiocopy" and definiately selected the DTS-HD Master Audio track. I'm pretty sure, according to MediaInfo, it is an HD audio track (report below), just wanted to make sure I'm doing everything right. When I play the blu ray in TMT5 it specifically says "DTS-MA" in the information box.

I'm about to hook my PC up to my entertainment center as I have a fancy new receiver coming in the mail that will decode TrueHD, DTS-HD, etc. and don't want to back up a bunch of my discs incorrectly as HD audio is important to me.

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Format profile : MA
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Duration : 2h 8mn
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Language : English

Originally posted by billym99 View Post
    Quick question... just backed up my first Blu Ray and noticed that when I play the MKV in TMT5 it lists the audio track as "DTS", although I used the profile "mkv.h264.audiocopy" and definiately selected the DTS-HD Master Audio track. I'm pretty sure, according to MediaInfo, it is an HD audio track (report below), just wanted to make sure I'm doing everything right. When I play the blu ray in TMT5 it specifically says "DTS-MA" in the information box.

I'm about to hook my PC up to my entertainment center as I have a fancy new receiver coming in the mail that will decode TrueHD, DTS-HD, etc. and don't want to back up a bunch of my discs incorrectly as HD audio is important to me.

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Format profile : MA
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Duration : 2h 8mn
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Language : English
    is the audio example you posted of what is in the file on your hard drive? If that is then it looks to me it is the DTS HD Audio but you might want to make sure you never had remove HD Audio selected for when you created the MKV

Comment

Yes, that is from the MKV I created. I'm *pretty* sure I didn't have the the box checked for remove hd audio. I just opened up DVDFab and it wasn't checked by default after selecting the BD folder structure for this film and I don't think I would have checked that.

I agree with you, from MediaInfo it appears to be an HD track. I was thinking I was doing something wrong with the conversion that makes TMT5 select just the "core" DTS track... if i'm reading correctly that is how DTS and DTS-HD work. Rather then adding a seperate audio track for DTS, DTS-HD uses a DTS track for it's "core" so if the user does not have hardware/software to decode the DTS-HD track it just downscales to the core.

Comment

Working...
      X