Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Audio disappears

I have a BDMV folder of Season 8 of 24.
    There are 3 m2ts files, effectively one big file, & it's split into the 4 episodes using chapters. There is no menu - the video just plays, WMPsays it's 3 hours long, & hitting 'Next Chapter' jumps to the next episode.
    I can use DVDFab to split it into 4 separate m2ts files, splitting based on the chapter points.
    This works fine & I get 4 separate files.

However.......

The original file has both German & English Audio, & German & English subtitles.

So I unticked all of them, & ticked ONLY English audio.

In the resulting file, I get no sound.

If however I leave BOTH German AND English ticked, the resultant file has BOTH German and English soundtracks & I can switch between them.

So how do I get the file to have JUST the English audio stream?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by cartoony; 12-14-2010, 05:57 PM.

Originally posted by cartoony View Post
    I can use DVDFab to split it into 4 separate m2ts files, splitting based on the chapter points.This works fine & I get 4 separate files.
    Did I understood correctly, you output M2TS. Correct?

In the resulting file, I get no sound.
    Sometimes it happens when content is "mismuxed"

So how do I get the file to have JUST the English audio stream?
    What you can try is to remux your content. For that you will need tsMuxer (a freeware little utility - google, download and install it)
    When you done with it, create content with two (both german and english) audio tracks, and load this content into tsMuxer. Select desired tracks and remux them into M2TS. This should work.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

So if I understand you correctly, you're saying use DVDFab to split the single-m2ts into 4 separate episodic m2Ts's, all with BOTH languages, & then use a separate tool to strip off the german audio.

Will try it tomorrow & I suspect it will work, but I wondered if there was something I'm doing iwrong n DVDFab as it would easier to do this in 1 step rather than having to double-process every file.

Comment

Originally posted by cartoony View Post
        So if I understand you correctly, you're saying use DVDFab to split the single-m2ts into 4 separate episodic m2Ts's, all with BOTH languages, & then use a separate tool to strip off the german audio.
        Correct

Will try it tomorrow & I suspect it will work, but I wondered if there was something I'm doing iwrong n DVDFab as it would easier to do this in 1 step rather than having to double-process every file.
        No, you don't have to do it every time. As I mentioned, it happens rarely with some twisted, poorely mastered content. Technically, it's DVDFab's fault, but I won't suggest to fix it because this "fix" may negatively affect processing of "normal" content. It's much easier (and faster) to remux content and fix it with less blood.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X