No announcement yet.

8.0.5.8 - All Tags/Metadata missing on output file - generic.avi.divx.mp3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 8.0.5.8 - All Tags/Metadata missing on output file - generic.avi.divx.mp3

Hello again,

The problem of missing metadata is still happening with the latest beta.

Here is the usual information you guys need

dvdfab_internal log entry

DVDFab 8.0.5.8 (2010/12/15 09:21:55)

0m 02.30s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 30.81s: pathplayer enabled
    3m 29.93s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

3m 29.93s: create config(0)
    3m 29.93s: convert profile(generic.avi.divx.mp3)
    3m 29.93s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->12)
    3m 29.93s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
    14m 30.14s:

------ finish mobile work ------

MediaInfo

General
    Complete name : C:\Video Encoding\DVDFab\generic\Family Guy - 01 - Blue Harvest\Family Guy - 01 - Blue Harvest.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 707 MiB
    Duration : 45mn 39s
    Overall bit rate : 2 165 Kbps
    Movie name : Family Guy - 01 - Blue Harvest
    Writing application : Lavf52.78.4
    Original source form/Name : Family Guy - 01 - Blue Harvest

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
    Codec ID : DX50
    Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
    Duration : 45mn 39s
    Bit rate : 1 832 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.239
    Stream size : 598 MiB (85%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Mode : Joint stereo
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Duration : 45mn 36s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 320 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 104 MiB (15%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 24 ms (0.60 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 24 ms
    Writing library : LAME3.98.4UU űÖši"

Attached are screenshots showing conversion settings and properties of output file.

Hopefully this will be addressed soon as it has been like this since 8.0.3.2.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rubber_-_Duck; 12-14-2010, 11:20 PM.

Just for a comparison, this is what it looks like when I use 7.0.9.3

You'll notice that all properties are filled in correctly and a thumbnail is able to be generated.
    Attached Files

Comment

hi, Rubber_-_Duck

I have tried to find the problem, but unfortunately not find the reason, and the xvid current should have no problem, all tag is ok, but divx still not working.

I will try it later.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
        hi, Rubber_-_Duck

I have tried to find the problem, but unfortunately not find the reason, and the xvid current should have no problem, all tag is ok, but divx still not working.

I will try it later.

thanks.
        Hi ting,

I have to disagree about XviD.

When using generic.avi.xvid.mp3 all tags are missing.

It is only when using generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy that the tags are present.

Please see the screenshots attached.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Rubber_-_Duck; 12-15-2010, 04:00 AM.

Comment

This problem is still not solved in 8.0.5.8 beta

Comment

Hi, please try v8059 beta, it seems to work OK,

Comment

Originally posted by FABFANATIC View Post
              Hi, please try v8059 beta, it seems to work OK,
              Nope still not working for me in 8.0.5.9.

Can you please attach some screenshots (like the ones below) but showing your success.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rubber_-_Duck
                I am not sure if this may help but give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=9649
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

HI CBR929,

Thanks for posting but unfortunately I've already got my A/V Codec settings as Software.

Thanks again, I am always willing to try out anything.

I know that ting is aware of this issue and from what I understand he can replicate it when using generic.avi.divx.mp3

What I did find interesting is that if you use audiocopy everything gets its tags but if you use mp3 nothing gets its tag.

Interesting eh? What that means I have no idea but at least they can isolate it down to converting to divx/xvid with mp3 as audio.

Thanks again.

Comment

Still not working with the latest version 8.0.6.0

ting - have you tried comparing your xvid/divx conversion code against 8.0.2.2 as this was the last stable release when the tags were working?

All the tag issues were introduced AFTER 8.0.2.2 so you might want to go back and look at what was changed in the code that could effect the tags

Now I have been a very happy user and customer of DVDFab software, so much so that I have bought lifetime licences for all of the suite. But releasing new "stable" versions before fixing issues that were introduced is now a bit concerning for me.

For now I have to use 7.0.9.3 as that is the only version where the tags work as well as forced subtitles. Forced subtitles stopped working in version 8 until 8.0.3.2 but that was when the tag issue started.

So I'm asking can you please fix this issue, go back to the code in versions like 8.0.2.2 and 7.0.9.3 and find out what was changed.

Thank you
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Rubber_-_Duck; 12-16-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Hi, Rubber - Duck, sorry for the delay in replying, please find attached screenshots,(I have used your settings in this example),I have not tried v8060 yet,but as you can see the details are definitely showing in the properties box,(v8059 used),
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Rubber - Duck, just installed v8060, (DVD Ripper) & tried divx/xvid-mp3/ac3, which are also successful on my system (Vista Home Premium), all the tags/details are showing in the properties box, are you still having problems ??

Comment

Originally posted by FABFANATIC View Post
                          Hi, Rubber - Duck, just installed v8060, (DVD Ripper) & tried divx/xvid-mp3/ac3, which are also successful on my system (Vista Home Premium), all the tags/details are showing in the properties box, are you still having problems ??
                          Yep,

Hasn't worked for me since v8022. If I use any earlier version (v6218 up to v8022) everything is fine, if I use any version after (v8032 -v8060) I am missing all tags if I use mp3 as audio, however if I use ac3 they are all there????

I'm running Win 7 x64 Ultimate, I know that one of the developers "ting" has been able to reproduce this and I know that others on the forum have too.

So I am at a loss.

As a test are you able to change your default player back to WMP12 in your settings, reboot and see if you get this issue? I know it's a little annoying but it would be a great help to see if you then can't see the properties.

I know VLC is a good player but it seems to read the tags differently to WMP.

For now I'm using WMP12 because it ties in nicely to my Xbox 360's throughout the house
                          Last edited by Rubber_-_Duck; 12-17-2010, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Hi, Rubber - Duck, I have two PC's- both Vista 32 bit- Vista Basic + Vista Home Premium, both are running very well with all programs currently on them, they have WMPlayer 11 & VLC Player, additionally, I have K-Lite Mega Code Pack v666 (latest version, it includes Media Info App). The reason I like this installed is because it allows me to play virtually all AUDIO/VIDEO files in the WMPlayer, may I suggest that you install it and see if it makes any difference to your PC, I think that you have to install both the 32 bit & 64 bit versions, details are on K-Lite download website, PS:-I usually uncheck the box regarding the K-Lite Player (it is not as good as the VLC Player).And the Media Info App is very useful,(see attached screenshot),let me know how you get on,
                            K-Lite Mega Code Pack-download link- http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by FABFANATIC; 12-17-2010, 03:42 PM. Reason: Forgot download link

Comment

Yeah I've tried changing over to the latest K-lite 32bit and 64bit (Was using Win7 Codec pack) but there was no improvement.

MediaInfo shows all the right information for me too but it is in windows explorer that it won't generate a thumbnail or display any tags.

This guy here seems to be having the same issue too - http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...ed=1#post67944

This only started happening for me with version 8.0.3.2 onwards. If I uninstall and reinstall an earlier version all is fine. So to me that indicates it most likely not an issue with my OS otherwise I'd be having this issue no matter what version I used.

I know that between v8022 and v8032 (in the betas - I think it was v8027) was when they updated all their codecs which could be causing this issue for some of us.

It just seems to be isolated to Windows Explorer, Windows Media Player & Windows Media Center, none of them are able to determine the properties of the avi's which means you can't seek when playing as it can't work out how long the file is.

(Maybe it's just Windows 7 64bit? Does anyone using Windows 7 32bit have this issue?)

VLC and mediainfo work so they must read the file metadata differently than windows does (only guessing). At the moment the only information shown is how large the file is, the file type, and the date it was created.

Don't know if you noticed in one of my earlier posts, but it seems to be solely related to the audio type used. If I use mp3 I get no tags, If I use AC3 I get tags????
                              Last edited by Rubber_-_Duck; 12-17-2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X