File Format for Sony Blu Ray Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper File Format for Sony Blu Ray Player

I am trying to get video files to play on my Sony Blu Ray Player. Either through the DLNA server or through a USB. I tried the default ripping to AVI, MKV, and MP4, but none of them will play.

The documentation for the player says that is supports those file extensions, but in DLNA or USB, the files just don't show up.

Does anyone know what settings I could use to get this to work? The model is Sony BDP-BX37.

From what I read, this unit is picky (much more than the PS3). This is not a good player if you have a lot of non-disc content. Try a USB thumb drive, not USB hard drive. Stick to MKV with MP3 audio.

Comment

I did use a USB flash drive, not a hard drive.

I'll try again tonight with specific settings. Is MKV with MP3 audio one of the built-in options for MKV?

Comment

MKV with MP3 seemed to work fine from a USB drive. I was able to play the content. So that will work. But I'd still like to stream from a DLNA server. Any ideas as to what format is compatible?

Comment

You have proved that this is not a format/DVD Fab problem.

Your questions would better addressed on forums relating to this POS player or your DNLA server.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by snowdog850 View Post
            MKV with MP3 seemed to work fine from a USB drive. I was able to play the content. So that will work. But I'd still like to stream from a DLNA server. Any ideas as to what format is compatible?
            Did you try to stream the MKV with MP3? They should work the same on USB or streamed unless your streaming server is recoding on-the-fly because it thinks your player cannot handle the content directly. If it works on USB and not streamed then Greg is right and you need to consult support/forums for your DNLA server.

Comment

Working...
            X