No announcement yet.

ripping profile suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper ripping profile suggestions...

I'm trying to make digital copies of all my dvds. I'm just curious what people recommend for the ripper profile to keep files not too large but also keep the decent video/audio. My thoughts were to keep the files under a gig... any suggestions?

Rip Settings

I am in a similar boat. I have backed up my library as iso's already. I am looking to convert those 4-6gig files to a file size of 2 gig's give or take some. I will be playing on a samsung 46" 750 series lcd tv. I have read where some say nothing more then 1100kbps where others say nothing less then 1800-2000kbps. i would appreciate specific settings for avi xvid, mkv, and mp4. i know that mkv is the newer, but is it really better. many thx in advance. sorry for the highjack.

Comment

Hi joecurly02
      Please give my friend GregiBoy's thread a read through he is the expert at this stuff
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Rip Settings

Great link thx! any other good posts up your sleeve?

Comment

joecurly02
          You might want to give the profiles thread a look through
          He also commented on this post too
          CBR929
          Last edited by CBR929; 12-17-2010, 11:38 PM. Reason: text
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

If you are going to play the files through the inbuilt Samsung player via USB, I suggest only one thing after my own experiences with a Sammy 850:-

Don't bother, the Samsung player software is a POS !!!

You get better features and support/firmware upgrades from a $100 Media Player manufacturer.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X