No announcement yet.

CUDA for MPEG2 is -STILL- failing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper CUDA for MPEG2 is -STILL- failing.

I just got the latest version of DVDFab and installed it, turned on CUDA for MPEG2 decoding, and got this:

------ begin mobile work(1/4) ------

0m 17.90s: create config(0)
    0m 17.90s: convert profile(generic.default)
    0m 17.90s: dvd title(2) angle(0) chapter(1->6)
    0m 17.90s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
    0m 17.92s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
    0m 28.37s: error: process exception, filter(type2:id1), info = 503.00 13,
    0m 33.37s: ------ mobile work failed(504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type2:id1), info = 503.00 13,

) ------
    0m 33.39s:

I cannot for the life of me get CUDA working for MPEG2 decoding. Works for H.264 encoding (pity that I encode to XViD, not H.264), but it will -not- work for MPEG2.

I've got an EVGA NVidia GTX 275, and my CUDA Driver version is 3.0, CUDA capabilities is listed as revision 1.3. My NVidia drivers aren't that old, sitting at 195.62 on WinXP Home 32bit.

As I said, CUDA encoding for H.264 works in DVDFab, as do other CUDA applications, so it's not an NVidia driver issue. This is very specific to DVDFab and MPEG2 decoding.

Please fix this, for the love of all that's good and holy. It's been broken since it was put into the program.

Thanks!

have you checked NVidia website to see if an update for the driver available? might be the problem if an update is available

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      have you checked NVidia website to see if an update for the driver available? might be the problem if an update is available
      Actually, I mis-reported my driver version as being older than it was. NVidia changed directory layouts and I was looking in the old location, not the new one. I have been using 197.13.

I just downloaded the latest from the new series of drivers they've come out with. I'll try that and report back.

Comment

Zero joy.

I upgraded my NVidia drivers to 260.99, and even upgraded DirectX (since I game a lot).

I get the exact same error as cited in my original post, even with the latest NVidia drivers, updated fresh today.

NOW can they fix CUDA with MPEG2?

Comment

Bump, looking for feedback from the developers.

This -is- still a problem with 8.0.6.1 on a GTX 275 (EVGA is the manufacturer), using NVidia's latest 260.99 drivers for Windows XP Home 32bit.

Comment

Originally posted by vx2214 View Post
            Bump, looking for feedback from the developers.

This -is- still a problem with 8.0.6.1 on a GTX 275 (EVGA is the manufacturer), using NVidia's latest 260.99 drivers for Windows XP Home 32bit.
            I haven't used the ripper option in a while (waiting for chapter support for mkv profile) but tested this and it's the same for the gtx 470 cards also error 501. Setting encoder and decoder to software is a temp work around.

Comment

I also noticed that after the process error and closing Fab that it was still running in the task manager and had to manually close it, after closing it my fans slowed down as usual. I tried a few variations with the a/v codecs and had to close and restart Fab, there was 5 instances of it in the task manager.

Comment

I just tried it myself:

2m 13.70s: create config(0)
                2m 13.70s: convert profile(ipod.default)
                2m 13.84s: dvd title(3) angle(0) chapter(1->18)
                2m 13.84s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
                2m 13.84s: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
                2m 13.95s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
                2m 13.95s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
                2m 13.97s: h264 encode: using official CUDA encoder
                2m 13.98s: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(31) bitrate(1700)
                10m 57.46s:

Comment

DVDFab v8.0.6.2 beta seemed to have fixed this issue for me. Thanks for the update Fab Team

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                    DVDFab v8.0.6.2 beta seemed to have fixed this issue for me. Thanks for the update Fab Team
                    Not here. Still broken in 8.0.6.7. Same error.

Honestly, I'm getting really fed up with this being broken.

Comment

Working...
                    X