Putting AC3 Sound on a .m2ts File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Putting AC3 Sound on a .m2ts File

I hope that someone can help me with probably a stupid question, BUT I have tried looking thru the posts for this answer and can’t come up with anything specific. My Video player (which is no longer made) cannot play DTS Sound but does fine with AC3 Soundtracks. All I am interested in doing is backing-up the Main Movie in BD Copy to various NAS drives, using the .m2ts format. These files look and play great on my machine with no syncing or shuttering problems, using whatever the pre-sets are for BD Copy. So, what are my options in being able to keep the .m2ts container when some of these BR disks don’t have AC3 sound (like “Rome”)…just DTS? Is there a way to mess with or remux the settings with BD Copy, BD Ripper, and/or the Video Converter to put AC3 on a .m2ts file when only DTS is on the disk? If so, any suggested settings? BIG THANKS!
    Crazy Jumpin Jack

Originally posted by Jumpin Jack View Post
    I hope that someone can help me with probably a stupid question, BUT I have tried looking thru the posts for this answer and can’t come up with anything specific. My Video player (which is no longer made) cannot play DTS Sound but does fine with AC3 Soundtracks. All I am interested in doing is backing-up the Main Movie in BD Copy to various NAS drives, using the .m2ts format. These files look and play great on my machine with no syncing or shuttering problems, using whatever the pre-sets are for BD Copy. So, what are my options in being able to keep the .m2ts container when some of these BR disks don’t have AC3 sound (like “Rome”)…just DTS? Is there a way to mess with or remux the settings with BD Copy, BD Ripper, and/or the Video Converter to put AC3 on a .m2ts file when only DTS is on the disk? If so, any suggested settings? BIG THANKS!
    Crazy Jumpin Jack
    Unfortunately Jumpin Jack, you have to convert your DTS to AC3 outside DVDFab, using different program. It's really easy, and not that time consuming. All you would need is a couple freeware programs: HdBrStreamExtractor and tsMuxerGUI (please google, download and install them). When done with prep work, follow these three simple steps:
    (1) Open your BD with HdBrStreamExtractor and extract desired audio stream as AC3 . Save this file.
    (2) Convert your content into M2TS using DVDFab as you normally do.
    (3) Open newly made M2TS with tsMuxerGUI, add AC3 stream from Step 1. Replace DTS with AC3 and remux content into new M2TS.

Enjoy
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I will try this and report back! All y'all are GREAT folks and I REALLY appreciate the time you took with this reply. FWIW, everything else is working fine. I notice that you help a lot of users (or try to when they don't listen.) Thanks for that!

Crazy Jack

Comment

I will try this and report back! All y'all are GREAT folks and I REALLY appreciate the time you took with this reply. FWIW, everything else is working fine. I notice that you help a lot of users (or try to when they don't listen.) Thanks for that!

Crazy Jack
        Thank you Jumpin Jack
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

And here is the Report!

There are a few things here that I had to figure out on my own that may help someone else with this issue, particularly if they are a North Georgia (US) Redneck who don't cotton much to all this computer stuff.

Downloading and installing the eac3to Audio Conversion Tool (v3.30), the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor (v0.8.3771) and TsMuxeR (GUI 1.10.6), all freeware as IPopov50 points out, went well, no problems. The eac3to application needs to be downloaded first and extracted to whatever folder you want to put it in. Then download the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor files and place them in the same folder that you used for the eac3to application. Even I could figure this out! The next thing that I did was to do a FAB "Main Movie" copy as this one was built from a number of single .m2ts files. Once I had my Main Movie file where I wanted it, I went ahead and fired-up HdBrStreamExtractor.exe. In the first "Input" Dialog Box navigate to your just copied Main Movie .m2ts file and select it. Then in the second "Output" Box I selected the same folder that the Main Movie file was in. Move down just a scooch and click on "features" and WAIT until the application places all the different tracks of the .m2ts container in the "Streams" box. Click on the offending audio stream that you want to convert (in my case it was DTS), move to the right and click on "Extract As." I had 11 different Codecs to pick from and chose AC3. Click on "Extract" and you will have your new audio file in no time.

Then fire-up your TsMuxerGUI.exe application. Here are the settings that I used. There may be ones that are better BUT this is what worked finer than frog hair for me: Click on the "Input" Tab and using the "Add" button" navigate to your new, just converted, audio stream (mine was AC3). It will then appear in the "Source File" box, below. Go further down to the "Output" box and click on the "M2TS muxing" button. Then the "Browse" button to the .m2ts container file that you copied using FAB. Then click on the "Start muxing" box. Fear not brave muxing souls....your old file will not be written over. The muxed file will have the original file name and then "new" placed in front of the file extension. The original DTS track also remained in the "new" muxed file. Other than the above, I did not make any other user choices or parameter changes to these applications. I figured that would constitute one fouled-up goat-rope and then IPopov50 would have to spend days un-goat roping it. All I can say is that I now have the highest video quality I can get and I can now hear the freekin Romans talkin too.....you can't beat that with a stick......

Hope the above helps for the Blu-ray Challenged.
          Crazy Jumpin Jack

Comment

I'm happy for you Jumpin Jack. There are different ways to do that, but you figured your own, so stick with it. Enjoy.
            sigpic

Comment

And here is the Report!

Hope the above helps for the Blu-ray Challenged.
              Crazy Jumpin Jack
              Hey.... for someone that calls himself Blu_ray challenged, you sure figured out how to getter done...

Comment

hi,

Putting AC3 Sound on a .m2ts File
                We are working at this feature.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X