Ripping speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ripping speed

Just resisted here and I am very new to this software so any advice will be most welcome.

I have dvdfab version 8 and I am trying to rip a bluray to wmv format so I can play it on my Xbox.

The issue I have is it is very slow and I have no idea what is the normal time for this process.

I have not changed any settings on the software so it is all at its default. The main movie is just over 2hrs and its ripping at full resolution 1080p ( as I mentioned I have not changed any settings just selected the xbox presets)

It has been going for 4hours now and its only done 3% at this rate it’s going to take all week.

I have not got the best computer but I was expecting better performance than that.

Intel p4 2.8gig
    3 gig of ram
    2 x 250gig h/d
    Nvidia quadro fx video card
    Xp sp3

Is this time about right for my spec computer and ripping a bluray at these settings is just too much for it.

Are there any other settings you can recommend for me to rip for the xbox.

Many Thanks

This "best Practices" page helped me. now i copy my DVDs during the day to my computer hard drive which takes about 20 minutes. Then over night it converts to the format i want which can take anywhere between 2 to 5 hours.

Comment

Working...
    X